Lockdown type APP for unjailbroken 3g's??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Is there an app like "Lockdown" out there I can get for my iPhone that is not jailbroken? So many people want to hold and play around with this thing, but I would love to lock my photos and such. I had "Lockdown" on my jail'd Touch and it was great.

2. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Put a lock code on it, simplest thing, and if you don't want people playing with it just tell them your battery is dead or something.

3. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I dont mind people fingering it, just "photos" seems to be the first place people go. What gives?

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Might be because you say as you hand it to them "Don't look at the pic's"...

Forbidden Fruit.

Also could be that people like that you can zoom in/out/rotate pics, its a good demo of Multi-Touch.

If there's stuff you don't want people to see, I'd suggest not lending out your phone to people. Full stop.

5. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

lol...nah, I just watch every move they make like a hawk.

6. iFerd macrumors 6502a

If it's pictures you want to protect from prying eyes, maybe it would be worth your time to evaluate one of the apps that allow you to password protect the ones you want to keep private. Photo Vault is one, $1.99. (I have no connection to the developers of Photo Vault, but I have evaluated it for myself.)

7. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Can I leave my photos where they are and this apps protects them or do I have to sync apps to a totally diff place?

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I agree it would be very helpful to have the ability to lock certain sensitve areas of the iphone rather just the whole thing. Right now, I don't allow anyone to look at it anymore locked or unlocked.

I don't have any sensitive pictures on my phone, but I did hand it over to one friendly acquaintance while it was locked. He then promptly used the emergency call feature to dial 911 as he thought that would be funny.

9. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

My wife likes to send me sensitive images. I like to keep them, well, cause I like to look at them. Yet everytime I pull my phone out, someone wants to see it. It's just that cool that people always wants to touch it. "Lockdown" was awesome on the Touch.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I just don't save pics to my device; and why the hell is the wife sending you "sensitive" pics over the network? :confused:

11. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Why not?

12. sparkyms macrumors 65816