Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Is there an app like "Lockdown" out there I can get for my iPhone that is not jailbroken? So many people want to hold and play around with this thing, but I would love to lock my photos and such. I had "Lockdown" on my jail'd Touch and it was great.

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Put a lock code on it, simplest thing, and if you don't want people playing with it just tell them your battery is dead or something.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I dont mind people fingering it, just "photos" seems to be the first place people go. What gives?

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
Might be because you say as you hand it to them "Don't look at the pic's"...

Forbidden Fruit.

Also could be that people like that you can zoom in/out/rotate pics, its a good demo of Multi-Touch.

If there's stuff you don't want people to see, I'd suggest not lending out your phone to people. Full stop.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
lol...nah, I just watch every move they make like a hawk.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
If it's pictures you want to protect from prying eyes, maybe it would be worth your time to evaluate one of the apps that allow you to password protect the ones you want to keep private. Photo Vault is one, $1.99. (I have no connection to the developers of Photo Vault, but I have evaluated it for myself.)

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
If it's pictures you want to protect from prying eyes, maybe it would be worth your time to evaluate one of the apps that allow you to password protect the ones you want to keep private. Photo Vault is one, $1.99. (I have no connection to the developers of Photo Vault, but I have evaluated it for myself.)

Can I leave my photos where they are and this apps protects them or do I have to sync apps to a totally diff place?

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I agree it would be very helpful to have the ability to lock certain sensitve areas of the iphone rather just the whole thing. Right now, I don't allow anyone to look at it anymore locked or unlocked.

I don't have any sensitive pictures on my phone, but I did hand it over to one friendly acquaintance while it was locked. He then promptly used the emergency call feature to dial 911 as he thought that would be funny.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
My wife likes to send me sensitive images. I like to keep them, well, cause I like to look at them. Yet everytime I pull my phone out, someone wants to see it. It's just that cool that people always wants to touch it. "Lockdown" was awesome on the Touch.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I just don't save pics to my device; and why the hell is the wife sending you "sensitive" pics over the network? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.