locked files: not locked in get info

Discussion in 'macOS' started by weaterneyes, May 13, 2009.

1. weaterneyes macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Getting a message within photoshop that files cannot be saved as they are locked. I check the same files with 'Get Info' and the locked file box is unchecked. I have changed file permissions on the entire disc so that everyone can read/write but still the same message. Tried terminal command to uncheck flags also to no avail. I can do save as but a little frustrating.
    Is there a workaround to get all my files back onside?

ps This is a new disc that I may have installed without due care to permissions/ownership when I formatted it.

details: g5 dual 1.8 10.5.6

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

If you edit the files with other programs, do they have the same problem? Gimp can edit Photoshop files.

3. weaterneyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply, but I have too much invested in a photoshop workflow to experiment with gimp (in the short term anyway, but maybe down the line).

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It's not much of an investment or experiment. It's a free download. All you need to do is make a copy of one of your Photoshop files, open it in Gimp make a mod then try to save. This is just to troubleshoot to see if it's an issue with Photoshop or with OSX.

5. weaterneyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll give it a shot tommorrow (its 1.45am here). Thanks for your time and suggestion.
    Gnite Pat