locked i-phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by makster, Jan 24, 2010.

1. makster macrumors newbie

hi all , Not very much of a tech head ,, prob is my son 4 yrs old had phone yesteday and next time i picked it up , screen reads ( sim locked ) , have used code i have always used and still nothing , have also the puk code , that came with sim card .,
    Sim card works when i take it out and put it in an ordinary phone with the same code ,, am confused .
    Hope somebody out there can help me with this problem ,, and no the : phone IS NOT stolen , just have a very very curious 4yr old kid who probably knows more about phone than i do ,
    Thanks in advance for any help and replies

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you tried putting the sim in and syncing with iTunes.

3. makster thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Gav
    Have connected to i-tunes ,it does it thing automatically , and still nothing , but i wondered if i should reset it to its original settings ????? , also every time i punch in code , phone takes longer time inbetween, til next time , and then it says i-phone deaktivated , connect to i-tunes , thx again

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

take it to ur service provider. tell them u have a defective sim and tell them why and what happened. they should be able to transfer ur number to another sim and then u should be good to go. u might have to pay around $25 though.