Locked I phone...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pooper, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Pooper macrumors newbie

I lost my I phone in Febuary Skiing.... It was turned in to lost and found and mailed back to me 5 months latter.... I know the Code for it...... but the screen says Iphone disabled and won't even let me punch in the code....... to make matters worse The computer I originaly Backed it up on is no longer in existance..... and I dont want to lose all my data..... any Ideas....

all I need to be able to do is punch in the code... but I dont know how many times someone esle tried to unlock it..... or if it is locked down for good?....

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

more than likely someone else tried to enter codes to use the phone until it was locked permently. all you can do now is restore the iPhone and start over new. you will lose everything.

sorry :(

3. Pooper thread starter macrumors newbie

is it a problem if i dont have the original computer I used to sync/back up with...

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You can do a Restore from any computer, but you'll lose any data on the phone (and obviously won't be able to restore your backups if you no longer have them).

I'd also double-check that your SIM is still in the phone. Did you report it lost to your carrier? If so, it might have been deactivated.