Locked iPhone 4 (SoftBank carrier)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knightsaver91, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Knightsaver91, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

Knightsaver91 macrumors newbie

I have this iPhone 4 bought from Japan , iOS 5.1 with firmware 04.12.01..it is been locked. Now I am looking for a credible answers which can help me unlock my iphone. I already went thru surfing various websites catering unlocking of iPhone units but unfortunately no one offers unlocking units which came from Japan . I also heard from friends regarding "GEVEY SIM ". Is it possible to use this one.? I need your suggestions guys . And also I would like to ask solutions on how can I unlock my I phone.. Thanks a lot guys!!godbless.

2. Knightsaver91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me with this problem? I've been using this phone as for almost 2 months. Please. Please... Please ...:(

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Trust me on this: you can't! I also own one and after two weeks at an iPhone repair center that also specializes in unlocks, it can't be done. If your iPhone is an 8gb then perhaps, otherwise you're SOL.

Mine can't even be turned into an iPod as it won't get past the activation screen.
    On a side note: had this service been possible I would have been charged $175.

4. Knightsaver91 thread starter macrumors newbie

I read an article from iphoneunlock.uk. Com and they offers unlocking of any I phone units. Do think it is really possible? And also the " Gevey" thing...is it impossimble to use this one?

5. FlyUnlock.com macrumors member

FlyUnlock.com

How many gigs is the phone?

6. Knightsaver91 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

It's the 32GB that is impossible to unlock.
    Yours can be done (expensive though).

Anyone know how to bypass the activation screen so I can at least us my Softbank iPhone4 as an iPod Touch?

If the only answer is a Softbank SIM card, is there an outlet where one of these can be purchased (other than eBay)?

8. FlyUnlock.com, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013

FlyUnlock.com macrumors member

FlyUnlock.com

Yeah, this one can be done, but the price is high. It's $140 ...

----------

If I remember well, there is a service that can activate it. The phone was never used, right ?

9. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

What you need is called "Hacktivation"

Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNGHSGSIgek

10. HiRisk macrumors 6502

I also have a SoftBank iPhone 4 (16GB). Fortunately I have a SoftBank micro SIM. I've been using my iPhone 4 as a music/video player for a while now. Wish there was a way to unlock it so I can use it on TMO or AT&T.

11. FlyUnlock.com macrumors member

FlyUnlock.com

Yes, ip 4 16GB can be done.

12. Knightsaver91 thread starter macrumors newbie

13. HiRisk macrumors 6502

I may jump on this in a week or two.

14. FlyUnlock.com macrumors member

FlyUnlock.com

15. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

A quick thank you to fedecape for his link. That worked and now my Japanese iPhone is a U.S. iTouch.
    :)

16. ibensarjono, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014

ibensarjono macrumors newbie

Help me to unlock my Iphone 4g 16gb softbank

Help me please :confused:
    i have iphone 4g 16gb locked by softbank ..
    somebody can help me to unlocked ??
    i'm from indonesia
    this my imei *******************
    please reply me to email (Email address removed)
    thank you guys ..

[MOD NOTE]
    I removed the email address, otherwise the you'll get tons of spam.
    Additionally its probably not a good idea to post your IMEI number and I removed that as well

17. leftyMac macrumors regular

I picked up pretty much the exact model as what you have, thinking I could get it unlock later. most credible unlock sites offer the services for iphone 4 / 8GB, and iphone 4S / 16GB, but I haven't found any reliable reviews on unlocking iphone 4 / 16GB.

I'd be very suspicious of any service provider offering unlocking iphone4 / 16GB, though I'd jump on it if it were real!

18. leftyMac macrumors regular

19. johnmath macrumors newbie

I found this:

There is a Pakistan seller who is offering Softbank Japan unlocks on Facebook for around USD $138.
    His facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Softb...06606539469329

Seller details:
    First name: Imtiaz
    Last name: Ali
    ADdress: Punjab, Pakistan

Whilst I had some doubts, I thought it likely OK as there were many customers who had posted on his page. Some complained about delays, but mostly the feedback was good. Also he seemed honest about timeframes and his location etc.

I paid for an unlock on 8th February and was told a timeframe 10-18 working days. As that timeframe was about up, I went back to Facebook to send the seller a message asking when it would be done. The message could not be sent as he had blocked me. I could also not post on his facebook page.

So I sent the seller a polite message (and posted it on his facebook page) using a different facebook account asking when it would be done and why he had blocked me. He then deleted my post and blocked this 2nd facebook account. I also sent him a message on GSMhosting as he is registered here with the name Bobby Baba (..::Solve Your "NOKIA" Problem Within 24 Hours::..).

Sow now I can be confident that it is a scam. The reason why there is no bad feedback on his faceback page is because he simply deletes any bad feedback quickly and blocks the user.​

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f11...cebook-users-plz-help-posting-his-fb-1620910/

20. pravindra macrumors newbie

Yes my frnd i have a iphone and i bypass my iphone from activation screen.

21. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Love this thread… good times. . . memories…
    I was able to obtain a SoftBank SIM and get that iPhone into a mode that allowed me to use it as an iPod.
    Just for fun: from the Japanese iTunes app store I load it with a few 'Japanese only' games. I even changed the language to japanese in settings.

The GameStop came up with their winning formula of buying back used iPhones (30% bonus- last Christmas time) and I sold it to them.

Neat iPhone but really impractical and certainly not a functioning iPhone, all in.

22. sillytechie, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

sillytechie macrumors newbie

SoftBank Unlock Code

SoftBank has now released iPhone unlock codes so the answer to your solutions is:
    1. Get your unlock code

2. Follow the unlock instructions from apple

23. sillytechie macrumors newbie

SoftBank iPhone Unlock Solution

SoftBank has now released iPhone unlock codes so the answer to your solutions is:
    1. Get your unlock code

2. Follow the unlock instructions from apple