locked or unlocked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aldo818, Nov 25, 2010.

1. aldo818 macrumors regular

After doing some research i couldn t find an answer how to find out if my iphone is locked or unlocked. I bought it in France and using it with my simcard here but i don t have any other microsim to test if it s locked or not.

I m running 4.1 JB

Is there a way to find out if it is locked or unlocked?

Thank you

2. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Easiest way is to call where you bought it from and ask, I think.

And as I recall how most of the laws in Europe seem to operate, you can ask them to/how to unlock it if it is locked (no promise it won't cost somehow, but it's should be free to ask)

3. lapocompris macrumors regular

Is you phone locked? It depends, how much did you pay it? If you paid the full price, it must be unlocked. If you phone price was subsidized, it's locked.
    However, according to French law, after 6 month, you can ask the phone service provider to unlock it free of charge.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I'm confused by this post. Do you need it unlocked? Are you trying to sell it?

If it's working with the sim you are using then why does it matter? Since you don't have any other sim to test in it anyway it also doesn't seem to matter.

5. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

It s working perfectly with my SFR sim but as i ll go to Germany and the US next month i wanted to take pre paid cards there in order not to pay roaming ;)

6. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

It was full price but in France with SFR you get points each month depending on how much your phonebills are so with all the points i paid it like 35 euros. But at the beginning without points he told me the regular price. I called him to ask if mine is locked or not he told me he doesn t remember as he has both types in the shop.

Isn t there an option somewhere in the iphone like in the BB where you can see if it s locked or not?

7. lapocompris macrumors regular

If you got your phone from SFR with fidelity points, it is locked.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

No. Apple doesn't differentiate on the baseband.