Locked out of iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by avx, Dec 13, 2010.

1. avx, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, if you restore it will wipe the phone clean.
    Next time be more carefull so you dont get locked out again.

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If you just bought it then you shouldn't lose much when you restore.

4. SnowDX macrumors 6502

How did you set the passcode if it hasn't been connected to the computer yet? Wouldn't the phone be stuck on the "connect to iTunes" screen?

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

And you should install the Trust.app... wait, that was a different thread. Restore!

6. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Yes it would. Hmmmm..... Something sounds fishy here....

7. threezero, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010

threezero macrumors 6502

Maybe he brought it used? Maybe a friend setup the activation for him? Maybe he brought it new via apple store or AT&T watever and the sales activate it for him?

Or maybe he stole it

8. avx thread starter macrumors newbie

haha. yea, i did a lot of searching before I actually posted. you guys are funny about the pass code/stealing thing here. I bought it from the ATT store, it was ready to go right from there, been using it for 2 days.

As a previous victim of iphone theft can I just say that I get more pissed at apple/ATT for offering nothing to help deter iphone theft. Back when was with verizon if someone stole your phone, you just flagged your SN and if any one tried to activate it, it would be reported. When I went in to report my iphone...they were like "yeah, nothing we can do for you...but we got this great brand new iphone 3Gs right here your gonna love" I cant believe that a phone that can tell me damn near anything and everything about where I am at all times, is uselss when I need to find it when its stolen. What about apple making a phone that almost begs to be stolen. You can steal it, and have no worries of being flagged. Its a win/win for apple and ATT. You lose your phone and they just get a new customer, and you got to rebuy the same damn phone. Its retarded.

but besides all that, yeah...I was just curious if there was any way around the pass code besides a wipe. Im sure there is. just got to do some hard looking.

9. ccfreedom36 macrumors newbie

Yes, you will lose less value, because I just bought new.

10. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I wasn't implying theft, I was honestly asking a question. From your post it sounded like it had never been connected to a computer, but it has, it just hasn't been connected to your computer. I get it now. :)

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's no way to get into a password protected iPhone without the password.
    You can either restore and lose everything or try 9999 combinations until you get the right pin code.

12. SnowDX macrumors 6502

10 000 combinations. :D

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

that's because verizon uses a different type of network. they don't block your SN, they block the ESN from being used on the network again.

AT&T could block an IMEI, but i don't think they do.