Locked out of my secondary HD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by imKevin, Aug 26, 2010.

1. imKevin macrumors newbie

I did this real stupid thing and messed with my permissions on the main HD. I've had to perform a complete clean re installation on my main HD to get my G5 Cypher dual core 2.63 running again with leopard. Somehow when I screwed the main HD it locked me out of my other internal HD and every Firewire drive connected to the computer. Those drives will not show up on the desktop. Is there a back door way for me to unlock them. In Tech Tool Pro, they show up as locked. I tried repairing the permissions with TTP, but it failed. I'm hoping when some of you get finished laughing at me ( it is kind of funny) you will help me. My gut is telling me I might have to buy some data recovery software to get my files off those drives and then reformat them. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong.

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

On your G5, open a Finder window. Navigate to the boot drive. Now press Command+Up Arrow.

This will list all of the drives detected. If the locked drives are there, right click them and click Get Info.

At the bottom is the permissions setting. Unlock the padlock at the bottom and click the plus button to add yourself as a permitted user. Then, you should be able to remove the old user's settings.

[​IMG]