Locked up jailbroken iPhone issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cubensis, Mar 27, 2009.

1. cubensis macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, im new to this forum! Today my jailbroken iPhone 3g locked up. I rebooted several times, each time it would lock up at my lock screen. I plugged into iTunes and updated the firmware to 2.2. So now the phone works, and it appears that all my jailbreak content has been lost. However, my lock screen is still a jailbreak wallpaper (which can no longer be seen in the settings). My numeric battery meter still works, as well as my custom carrier logo. Is all of the jailbreak data still there just not showing up? I dont know what my available space was b4 the firmware so I cant tell. Do I jailbreak from here? Should I restore and start from scratch? Thanks for your help!

2. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Re-JailBreak. But you'll have to reinstall all the JB apps again. If you restored with out DFU the preferences should still be there( thats why the numerical battery still shows).

Or DFU restore and use Pwnage tool to make custom .ipsw and start over.

3. cubensis thread starter macrumors newbie

I never actually restored, just updated the firmware. How do I re-jailbreak w/o pwnage? Thanks

4. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Just use quickpwn. Plug it in, let 'er rip. just like sunday morning.