iPhone Lockinfo 7 is in the works..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EvanLugh, Feb 13, 2014.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I personally am looking forward to this. I've used it ever since the first was released. It will be a great addition to my lockscreen having notifications, calendar etc.

Any one else been waiting?

2. FriednTested macrumors 6502

DEPERATELY...!!!! They refuse to give any ETA though... :(

3. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I am looking forward to it for one feature. The ability to choose which push notifications will wake up my screen. It's such a great feature and I can't find any other tweak that does this.

4. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

If it's only for the customizsation of push notification you may give Ringer & Tones a try.

While native DND is silencing all push notifactions you can choose in Ringer & Tones which applications will obey DND and which ones will override, i.e. wake up lockscreen and give notification sound.

Unfortunately Ringer & Tones does not work on iPad but as far as I remember this also applied to LockInfo on iOS6.

5. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I have Ringers and Tones installed but it doesn't do the same thing. It does a fine job allowing notifications while DND is on, but I want to prevent the screen from turning on for certain apps.

For example, I am getting a lot of notifications from my sports apps with olympic coverage. So my screen is turning on a LOT. I want to continue to get the notifications but without turning on the screen.

6. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I've been using this since the days of my old 3GS...This and BiteSMS are the first two things I ever install...everything else is just eye candy.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I am in the same boat. What I did as a workaround was to just disable the frequent apps from showing notifications on the lockscreen and keep them only to the notification center after unlocking. Yea I have to unlock my phone to see these notifications but it's better than my screen turning on every 20 minutes. Not ideal but it works for me.

Edit: The important notifications still appear on my lockscreen i.e. Messages, phone calls, reminders, etc

8. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

9. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

At this point I don't care any more! There is a really nice lock screen calendar tweak out now that does what I need... "Calendar for Lockscreen" that I am using now. I emailed the dev many times for lockinfo asking them to please put the day separators back in for the calendar appointments and never got any kind of response.

10. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I had been waiting for LockInfo to be updated, but right now I like the way my phone is setup, so I'm pretty close to not caring anymore either.

11. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

exactly.

he decided 'forecast' was more important. with 100's of weather widgets already out.

12. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I'd imagine forecast is a lot easier to develop than lockinfo. And forecast will probably be included in lockinfo

13. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

lets hope not...since forecast took 2.5 months to dev.

14. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Just because it was released 2.5 months after the jailbreak doesn't mean he spent that entire time working on it. Not defending him, but just mentioning my thoughts

15. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

You guys know which tweak can do this?

Say I get 5 messages from Bob, and 4 from Jerry. On my lock screen I want to say

Bob(5)
    Jerry(4)

Then when I tap Bob, it will reveal those 5 messages.

BiteSMS does not, but I did email them and they said it was a awesome idea and they wanted to start working on it soon.

16. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Lockinfo does this. Also dev said that Lockinfo will compliment Forecast.

17. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

So, LockInfo7 was released on the ModMyI repo. Is anyone using it? What do you think?

18. LostEchoes macrumors member

LostEchoes

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1724795