Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I noticed today that my Bitesms and lockinfo are not working together when I receive a SMS. I have the lock screen mode set to do nothing for BiteSMS and lockinfo to wake on new SMS alert. However my phone does not wake when I recieve a new SMS.

Anyone with a similar problem? Im using the most recent beta versions of each. I thought it was working fine last night so not sure what the issue is.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I noticed today that my Bitesms and lockinfo are not working together when I receive a SMS. I have the lock screen mode set to do nothing for BiteSMS and lockinfo to wake on new SMS alert. However my phone does not wake when I recieve a new SMS.

Anyone with a similar problem? Im using the most recent beta versions of each. I thought it was working fine last night so not sure what the issue is.

when you say "beta" what does that mean, im using the most updated versions of both available on cydia and ive not had any issues

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
bitesms 5.3.9 and lockinfo 3.0.5.8

Everything works but the SMS wake on new.

milamber

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Are you wanting the quick reply thing with bitesms or not? There is settings in the lock info settings that you can specify whether or not notifications or SMS wakes the screen up.

I had similar problems before with lock info and bitesms too.

physicsguy13

Contributor
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
I am having a similar problem.

I would like to have the screen wake when a new text comes in but not show a notification so I can just click in the SMS section of lockinfo if I want to reply to a specific text.

Is that possible?

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Are you wanting the quick reply thing with bitesms or not? There is settings in the lock info settings that you can specify whether or not notifications or SMS wakes the screen up.

I had similar problems before with lock info and bitesms too.

I hide the quickreply feature when the phone is in lock mode, but I have the wake phone on new SMS turned on. This worked fine before the last Bimtesms beta so I think its a bug in beta 9.

I also removed Bitesms and it woke on new sms using Apple's messaging program.

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
You need to go into Bitesms-settings-lockscreen mode-click show apple alert.
Then in lockinfo go into alert popups-click that to on and also click wake when blocked. Then in lockinfo, go into plugins-SMS- all the way at the bottom click on tap to reply. Set that to bitesms quickreply.

Doing this will block standard notifications and only show up in lockinfo. If you click the message in lockinfo it will open the bitesms quickreply feature. Also you will still receive standard bitesms popups when the phone is unlocked. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
You need to go into Bitesms-settings-lockscreen mode-click show apple alert.
Then in lockinfo go into alert popups-click that to on and also click wake when blocked. Then in lockinfo, go into plugins-SMS- all the way at the bottom click on tap to reply. Set that to bitesms quickreply.

Doing this will block standard notifications and only show up in lockinfo. If you click the message in lockinfo it will open the bitesms quickreply feature. Also you will still receive standard bitesms popups when the phone is unlocked. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

That worked. Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy ha!

steve4life

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2012
Hi i have the same problem
but with the 4s 5.0.1 and latest bitesms 6.1 and the latest lockinfo... can you help me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.