lockinfo and duplicate notifications

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, Dec 28, 2011.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm not sure if this belongs in hacks or not but I'll give it a shot. I noticed that when I receive notifications on my lockscreen in lockinfo (boxcar notifications, email notifications, etc.), I also get those same notifications in the form of a banner when I unlock my phone. This happens even if I have cleared the notifications from my lockscreen in lockinfo. If I have already seen those notifications on my lockscreen via lockinfo, I certainly don't need to see them again when I unlock my phone. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I know that I could disable those banner alerts but I'd like to keep those for when my phone is unlocked. I just don't want to get those "duplicates" that I've already seen in lockinfo. Any ideas?

2. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Bumping this for ideas. Is there a jb app maybe that prevents the stock ios5 banner from coming in if that same notification has already been received on the lockscreen? If not, I guess my only choice is to turn off those banner notifications so I don't have to see them every time I unlock my phone.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

go to settings/notifications

for the ones you don't want select style
    none

that should do it

4. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks but I already know how to turn the notification banners off. What I'm asking is if there's a way to leave them on but to not have them come through if I've already received the same notification on my lockscreen. For example, I'll get a boxcar notification in lockinfo on my lockscreen and then when I unlock my phone I get that same notification in the form of a banner since I have banner notifications enabled for Boxcar. I don't want to receive that duplicate Boxcar notification since I already got it in lockinfo on my lockscreen; however, I do want to keep the banner notifications on just in case a new notification comes in while I'm using my phone. Understand?

I'm guessing that I'm just going to have to turn those banner notifications off since there doesn't appear to be a way to prevent them from popping up even though I've already received the same notification on my lockscreen.

5. j2flo macrumors newbie

Any resolution to this yet? I've been noticing this myself and have tried toggling many various options in Notification Center and Lockinfo trying to clear this up.

6. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Nope. I ended up turning the banner notifications off since they were just annoying me.

7. housemill7 macrumors newbie

Solution

Solution: Settings-->Notification Center-->Messages*-->View in Lock Screen (ON)

*Do this for each app you want to stop getting banners for after unlocking your phone

The idea is that LockInfo's popup blocker can't do its job if an app isn't sending an alert to the lock screen. Following the steps above should solve your problem!

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Didn't help on my phone. This just started happening too.....I think it is a bug.

S-

9. sidewinder, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

A new version of Popupblocker seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Edit: No, it doesn't.......

S-

10. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Seems to be fixed in LockInfo 4.0.5.7.....

S-