lockinfo and shrink compatibility

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by matrix808, Oct 18, 2010.

1. matrix808 macrumors regular

Anyone have both lockinfo and shrink apps installed and have a problem with text notifications? When I have both of these apps installed on my phone I dont get any text notifications. If I uninstall one my text notifications will start working again. I swear at one point i had both installed and everything was working fine. Not sure if i touched a setting in one thats affecting my notifications, but if anyone knows how to fix this that would be great. Thanks.

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I have both installed and everything works perfectly. Do you have the latest version of LockInfo and checked your settings in the SMS plugins tab?

3. TJone macrumors 6502a

4. matrix808 thread starter macrumors regular

awesome, that seemed to be it. notifications are working fine now. Thanks for the info and links!!! Wonder how the 2 mess each other up.

5. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

i cant fathom what the conflict between the two could possibly be either.

Im using the latest retail version of LI...

turning off improved performance does help, but if you have a lot of SMS conversations going, or are doing one in quick succession you'll find your sms app will bog down with 5-8 second delays...

improved performance eliminates that.

I have been running 'shrink free' with my gigantic dumb looking app icons ever since finding this conflict :(

I did send an email to David Ashman after finding this and i think he noted it. Once either shrink or Lockinfo gets updated again i will try it out again.

6. matrix808 thread starter macrumors regular

ya i sent him an email over asking the original question because i thought it was something wrong with lockinfo, but he said there was nothing. I emailed back after i found out about shrink letting him know the 2 dont work together for some reason.

7. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Looks like Shrink got updated for 4.2.
    I'm still on 4.1 w the latest retail version of lockinfo.

I just reinstalled shrink and they seem to be playing nice now. No issues w txt alerts.

8. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

I take all that back. It's still messed up. Having both marks messages instantly as read. U still miss them...

9. iGeneo macrumors member

A new beta of Lockinfo just dropped - 2.3.10.2, I upgraded and also installed Shrink - 0.9.6.1

Same issue, BiteSMS notifications get ignored. There is an icon in the status bar, but no notification on the badge and nothing in the Lockinfo screens

10. B737, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

11. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

new lockinfo update just dropped into cydia for retail version.

finally, update specifically states under recent changes that the shrink conflict has been resolved

12. Sixth Street macrumors member

It does fix it. I have tested the release for about 24 hrs because he posted it to his beta repo and having no problems.

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

This is why I love LockInfo and will continue to support David. He's always on top of things whenever there's an issue.