LockInfo doesn't show up Nov. 2011

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Genosen, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Genosen macrumors newbie

I recently stumbled upon lockinfo, and it doesn't seem to work! I bought the full version for 7 dollars so you would understand how upset i am! Its enabled on lockscreen, but it still doesn't show up! I saw many forum posts on this but none help. I'm on a tethered jailbreak for ios 5.0, and its lockinfo v3.1.3.1, i also heard that you have to enable it with cydget if you have it, but i don't, and you can't download it for ios 5.0, so what do i do? Please help!

2. jeremy.blount macrumors newbie

You need to download the beta version of Lockinfo for iOS 5.

First you need to remove the version of Lockinfo you already have, as it is outdated. Do this by going into Cydia, searching for Lockinfo, then hit Modify>Remove

Now you're ready to get the beta version for iOS 5. To get it, go to Cydia>Manage>Sources, then add the source:

http://apt.dba-technologies.com/beta/

Then go into the source and download Lockinfo from there. It may give you an error message during install and you may think it didn't install (as it did for me) but it should still actually install.

Then just be sure you go into your phone's native settings and find Lockinfo and adjust the settings to your liking. And it may be of added interest for you to disable your phone's native notifications, as they tend to overlap Lockinfo on your lockscreen and just generally make your life difficult.

To do this, go Settings>Notifications>Phone and turn off "view in lock screen". You will also want to do the same for SMS.
    And if you are a user of biteSMS, you will probably want to just disable all settings in the native SMS section.

Hope this helps! :)

3. Genosen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help, all you've said is enough, but one question, when you say phone, are you referring to my iPod? I don't care whether the sms tab work or not im just using it for the looks! Thanks again!

4. jeremy.blount macrumors newbie

Sorry, I assumed you were running all this on an iPhone. But yeah, same basic principles apply to an iPod touch.