lockinfo gruppled theme

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by medicscott, Apr 29, 2010.

1. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

finally wanna ditch winterboard, but i love the gruppled lockinfo theme and believe its only avail using winterboad? true of false? thx

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Search on "native gruppled" here and see what you find. It is possible, with a little work, to create a native version of Gruppled. I did it a while back but then opted to go with the "native" High Gloss theme for LockInfo combined with the HTC plugin for LockInfo. Haven't looked back since.

Going native assures you of using all the new functionality that David has built into LockInfo recently!

3. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

i like to go native in the jacuzzi too...just wanted to add that

lol

ok...so is the latter part of your post easier to install then? really dont wanna do alot of command line stuff. thx

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Latter part being native? Piece of cake. Cutting Gruppled into the native LockInfo app, very tedious. And then you have to save that code for any time you restore your phone if that happens.

Try the High Gloss against the latest release of LockInfo. And if you like the HTC clock design, add the HTC Lockweather plugin.

[​IMG]

5. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

dont wanna use winterboard. so my options are limited

- sent from my iPad

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Then you've answered your own question. The instructions to do gruppled native are here and were offered up by VividBoarder (if I'm remembering correctly).

Have fun!

7. Maggliooo macrumors newbie

I have been looking at a lot of lockinfo themes and i like the one you have shown above by far the best I have tried to copy your theme but have been unsuccessful. Can you fill me in on how to make my lock screen look the way your does?

8. sjuarez1980 macrumors newbie

Is there a writeup?

scirica - can you writeup how to update the High Gloss for LockInfo icons for the HTC plugin? I installed the High Gloss on my iPhone and the LockInfo section is updated, but the original icons still display for weather. Thx... sorry still a little new and updating/changing settings as I am a new to Winterboard and all... Thanks.

or... if there is a writeup already can you please point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

9. pman219 macrumors 6502a

pman219

Not to hijack the thread, but why are you wanting to go sans winterboard ?
    And how does one go about getting rid of it ?

TYIA

10. philip in al macrumors regular

Please

I'll have to agree; what you have done is simply beautiful. The best lock screen by far that I have ever seen. However, for those of us that are not near as advanced in our iOS abilities, could you please give us a step-by-step list of how to recreate this (that is, if you don't mind)? I know that I, and probably many other would certainly appreciate it.
    Philip

11. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'm not sure that there is any trick to how I got the weather icons to show up as High Gloss. I just installed the High Gloss as you did and checked it in winterboard. I believe at some point there was a conflict with "WeatherIcon". Do you have that installed as well? If you do, play with disabling that and see if you get the High Gloss icons to display. Seems to me I was able to have both active, I just had to enable one before the other (forget what order, it's been a while and I don't use WeatherIcon anymore).

HTH

12. sjuarez1980 macrumors newbie

I'm new to Jailbreaking and adding themes/plugins so please forgive me if I screw up terminology. My lockscreen is similar to yours ... installed LockInfo and then HTC Plugin for LockInfo. I have the defaulted icons and them found this High Gloss for LockInfo. I installed Winterboard and then HG for LockInfo. I enabled the theme in Winterboard and it's placed at the top of the list of themes. I did respring and I have the updated icons for each of the sections below the weather (ie. Calendar, Mail, etc) but the icons for HTC Plugin is still the same. Am I using the wrong weather plugin?

13. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Lots of different looks available with LockInfo and High Gloss combination

[​IMG]

14. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

15. snakemajestic macrumors member

This is probably a stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyway....how do I get the Lock Weather to be positioned above the other LockInfo info? Currently it is underneath all of the other stuff.

And also, can I get rid of the clock that seems to come with the Lock Weather? and just use the clock that is already on the lock screen?

thanks

16. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

17. sjuarez1980 macrumors newbie

scirica - what is the background image?

18. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Just some wallpaper I found on the internet a long time ago. Some kind of a blue wave. Don't think I have that one any more.