lockinfo/lock weather help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vinnie Madrox, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

so on Tuesday, i installed Lockinfo and Lock Weather. Everything was awesome and it looked great. Wednesday comes and i noticed that the temp still says 50* and it still says Tuesday's forecast...odd.....i thought maybe it just wasn't refreshing and it would fix itself. Thursday, still hasn't changed.

Now mind you, the time and date DO show correctly at the top. I started thinking maybe towards the weekend it would refresh and show the next week in full all at the same time.....well here we are on Monday, and it still hasn't changed. The native iphone weather app shows the temp and forecasts just fine, it just won't show up on the lock screen for some reason.

Is this common or is there a fix? i tried to search but couldn't find anything

2. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Sounds like you're missing the weather plug in that feeds the data to the lockscreen. Go into the lockinfo app and then select plugins and then get more plugins. Scroll down til you see the weather info plug in and install it. Once it's installed you can configure it to refresh the data in a number of time spans. You also can choose the source of the data feed; I use the iPhone one and it works fine.

3. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I had this same issue. Try choosing a different refresh time. I set mine to five minutes I believe.

4. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

weather info plugin IS installed, and i have it set to refresh every 1 minute. i even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and it still didn't change....even after respringing after each step

5. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Couple of suggestions. Go to lockinfo and reorder plugins and move lockscreen weather and weather info to the top. Respring and see if that helps.

If not, there is a cache cleaner available from Cydia. Download and run that. Sometimes clearing the cache helps.

6. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

did that, and it still didn't work. here's a pic to show you what i mean. this was tken yesterday {monday}:

[​IMG]

EDIT: for the record, it was sunny and not 50*. and that's the exact same forcast that has been on there all week....

and here's a pic i just took a little while ago:

[​IMG]

7. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

I'm assuming you're running Clock Hide to hide the Apple clock? The clock you're showing has a funky font and so the font script could be interfering - just a thought. Try disabling the font and see if that helps.

All I have on my phone is Lock Weather, Weather Info and Hide Clock and it works perfectly. I can't understand why your's isn't working.

8. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

yea i have clock hide, and i'm using fontswap for the font. i've never had a problem with it before, and the clock is working just fine, it's just the temp and forecast that's stuck

9. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

10. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Have you tried setting the refresh to five minutes? I originally had it set to one minute and had the same issues you did. Setting it to five made it work. I found no reason to refresh the weather forecast that often anyway.