Lockinfo mail showing mail that's been deleted

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mode101, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mode101 macrumors regular

I'm having problems with the mail portion of lockinfo. I added a new mail account and now Lockinfo wants to show mail that has been deleted. I have it set only to show mail from my inboxes, but it doesn't seem to want to behave. Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts?

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Have you done a reboot ?

3. mode101 thread starter macrumors regular

I have been messing with this all weekend, and still have the same 5 deleted emails showing up in my Lockinfo screen. I have rebooted and resprung many times. Now, when I get new emails, they show up and when I delete them, they disappear, but I still have 5 emails that have been deleted and no longer exist in my gmail account showing up on my lockscreen. Is it possible that these got stuck on my phone's flash drive somewhere and Lockinfo places them on the lock screen?

4. TJone macrumors 6502a

You can also try turning the mail visibility off, then respringing, and turning it back on and respringing. That has fixed most Lockinfo issues I have had like the counts not showing up even when the toggles are turned on.

5. mode101 thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried that several times. I have even uninstalled lockinfo all together and started from scratch, and those emails are still there, which leads me to believe that something is being saved and lockinfo is grabbing it when displaying my email.

6. Sisyphos macrumors newbie

Dunno if your problem has already been solved but today I encountered the same issue after fiddling around with some custom lockinfo icons and several resprings.
    There were five mails that always showed up no matter what I did. Man, I even deleted both my mail accounts with no success. Then I did some searching in iFile and finally discovered a suspect:

'com.ashman.lockinfo.MailPlugin.cache.plist' located in '/var/mobile/Library/Caches'.

I backed it up and deleted it, then set up my mail accounts again, enabled lockinfo's mail plugin and voila - no more deleted mails displayed in lockinfo!

7. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Also, David reported this error was fixed a few beta versions ago by one of his almost daily updates.

8. Sisyphos macrumors newbie

That's obviously not the case - at least not with iPhone 4 running iOS 4.01.

I just e-mailed him about this issue. Let's see what he replies.

9. jluce50 macrumors regular

I've noticed that unread mail shows up regardless of which folder it's in (even though LockInfo is set to show only Inboxes). The mail app only downloads these unread messages if I explicitly browse to the folder, so I don't generally have to worry about it since I don't usually browse to the Trash folder (or whatever). If I do, though, I have to make sure I mark all messages as read or else they show up on the lock screen.

10. Sisyphos macrumors newbie

David offers really great support. I received an answer within a few hours. He told me that it happened because the cache went out of sync with the main database and that he is aware of this issue. Until he gets it fixed the way I dealt with it was right and is not gonna mess anything up. So just go ahead and delete the file mentioned above if your Lockinfo mail goes out of sync.*