Lockinfo Marking Notifications as Read?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nidserz, Dec 5, 2010.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Hi everyone,

I bought Lockinfo and everything was going great, however since I updated to the newest version, I am getting annoyed about something and want to know if its just me or this is a new feature for Lockinfo.

So say I get a push notification from twitter @reply, it shows up in my "notifications" in Lockinfo... and the little "x" appears next to it. I just want to dismiss it, I click the "x" and its gone...

Before, I would unlock and a badge would still be on my Twitter app because I haven't actually read it in the application. Same goes for emails, missed calls, etc.

However, with the update, now I click the "x" and then it is gone from the badges on the homescreen. Is this a new feature with Lockinfo?

I prefer the old way so I could temporarily dismiss the notifications from the lockscreen, but still be notified that I have something unread.

If its something new, is there a way to go back to an older version of Lockinfo?

Thanks.

2. one7dchevy macrumors newbie

i noticed it doing that also, with my words with friends notifications.. i dont really like it either..

3. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

yeah! thanks for the reply. ugh I hate it :(
    if anybody has a fix, please let me know. or a way to downgrade!

4. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

I personally love the feature. I was tired of clearing the notification on lockinfo just to have to go into the app and clear the badge as well. I do understand where you're coming from though. Write an email to the dev and ask him to put in an option to turn that feature on and off. Hopefully it'll make it into the next version for you.

5. maturola, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah I think I read on other forums that this was actually report as a Bug, so it was fix on the latest build, so it is working as intended for now, I guess it is a good idea to a have a setting to turn it on/off. As far as I me goes...I love it this way, the whole Badges notification system bug the hell out of me. I use infoShade for all my Notification and if I want to read it I go right in to it, if no I just demissed it and go back to it later.

6. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I actually prefer it when the "X" kills the badge.