Lockinfo > Notifications Center

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vtmikevt, Oct 13, 2011.

1. vtmikevt macrumors regular

Just a little rant here...Notifications center isn't too bad when your phone is unlocked.

The lockscreen implementation is garbage. There is no option to have things show up on your lockscreen without it lighting up your screen with each notification. That's where lockinfo shined.

For example, with notifications center you get an email, the phone lights up and vibrates and you see the email sender and a preview of the message. That's annoying when you get a lot of emails a day.

With Lockinfo, your phone just vibrates with a new email (doesn't light up). You can then hit the home button to light up the lockscreen and see who emailed you.

The ability to preview the full message, mark as read, mark as unread after preview, and delete messages is HUGE with lockinfo.

You also don't get the weather on the lockscreen...seems silly.

Can't wait for a jailbreak (untethered).

/endrant

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Agreed, i like some of the new features but notification center is not better than lock info, im happy enough for now i wont downgrade back to 4.3.3 but if a jailbreak takes too long for 5.0 i might

3. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Agree with the OP. I just got my iPhone 4s w/ Sprint last week and the battery's seems really bad. I'm trying to get to the bottom of if I have a defective unit or if it's supposed to be this bad right now.

I think one of the killers for me is screen always lighting up. When in standby mode, I want the screen to only light up when I have a text message or a missed call. It'd be nice if a lightly flashing indicator was on the home button. If I was better about keeping junk messages out of my e-mail, I'd want my screen to light up for that also.

So I'm trying to keep all other notifications off. I wish I could keep them on because while I'm using the phone, I'd want them to scroll across the top banner style or some sort of notification pointer at the bottom of the screen pointing to the main apps I care about notification. But, unless I'm mistaken, keeping notifications on means screen is always lighting up when off. Am I correct?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not sure why to "Rant' about it, I don't think anyone ever said that Notification center was better than LockInfo, it had always been superior.

But yeah +1 for LockInfo and David Ashman :D