Resolved Lockinfo + Popup Blocker

AnionicStrength

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
I have Lockinfo and Popup Blocker installed on 5.0.1. I am trying to find a way to suppress the notification popups from the native OS as seen below.

The obvious choice is to disable the notification on the Lockscreen from Settings > Notifications > Messages > View in Lock Screen > Off. However, while the phone makes a sound, it does not turn the screen on when the message arrives.

Popup Blocker doesn't appear to work at all.

Has anyone found a work around to suppress notifications on the lockscreen but still have the screen turn on?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
Have you tried:

Settings - Lockinfo - Lockscreen - Alert Popups:
Enable:
Block Popups
Wake When Blocked

Settings - Lockinfo - Plugins - Messages:
Enable:
Wake on new Message

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
In apples notification center, you have to have "View in Lock Screen" ON to wake the screen up when a notification comes in.

To turn off pop ups, you have to go to settings > lockinfo > lockscreen > alert popups > and turn on "block popups", "wake when blocked".

That's how mine is set and I have no popups and all alerts go into lockinfo's lockscreen.

kwando

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks! This worked for messages/SMS, but is there a way to get this to work for Calendar alerts?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Make sure "view in lock screen" is turned on in notification center for calendars and that the "notification" plugin is enabled in lockinfo. Under calendar plugin in lockinfo, turn on view in "show in notifications".

Thats the only way I can get calendar alerts to show up without the default apple popup.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.