LockInfo problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KentuckyHouse, Jun 3, 2010.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Ok, so I admit, I've been using the cracked version of LockInfo for a couple of weeks now just to try it out (I know there's a free trial of the official version...and I admit I've felt crappy about using the cracked version and was going to upgrade to the official one).

So, with that full-disclosure (and the flogging that probably will follow), this morning I noticed in Cydia that there was an upgrade for it (the cracked version). So, I just clicked upgrade and suddenly my iPhone 3GS went into safe mode. It gave me a message about the Springboard crashing so I resprung it...no dice. So I did a hard reset. Still, no dice. So I removed the cracked LockInfo and everything is working right again.

Just to be sure, I reinstalled the cracked LockInfo and it did the same thing again. Ok, so now I know there's something screwy in the cracked update. This would be a good time to get off my cheap butt and get the official version, right? So, I went into Cydia and went to download it. Only, it's giving me a "size mismatch" error and then prompting me to restart the Springboard. This is before it ever downloads LockInfo.

Anyone have any ideas? I really love this app and use it constantly, so it's not something I want to have to go without!

2. dreams macrumors newbie

Did you remove the cracked version..if not, goto cydia - manage - packages.
    Check if lockinfo is listed and if yes, click on it. Click remove/uninstall. And download from cydia the orig version.

3. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Thanks for the quick response. :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I removed the cracked version in Cydia, restarted the Springboard (and even did a hard reset again), then went back to Cydia, made sure the cracked version was gone and went to download the official version from the official source (ModMyi I believe).

That's when it gave me the "size mismatch" error, when I was attempting to download the official version.

4. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Here's a screen shot of the error it gives me when I go to download the official version:

[​IMG]

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I actually have seen this here before and it does have to do with the cracked version not being completely removed, so Lockinfo thinks that you already have it downloaded. Do you know how to SSH into your phone? I would probably try to check and see if there are any remanants of LI still in there (I can give you the location if you need it), delete those, reboot, then try to re-download. Good luck!

6. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

LOL...looks like I'm gonna finally have to learn how to SSH into my phone, huh?

If someone could point me to a thread that explains how to do it and what it encompasses (and explains it like you're talking to a child), I'd really appreciate it.

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Try this one, it looks correct: http://thebigboss.org/guides/install-and-use-ssh

But if you have any questions, just post back. Someone will know the answer!

8. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Thanks so much, UngratefulNinja! I really appreciate the help and I'll be sure to post up again if I can't get it fixed.

9. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm not sure how, but the problem is resolved! I simply did another hard reset this afternoon and then tried installing the official version again. This time, it worked!

This app is worth every penny of the $4.99 price tag to me, so I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the help, guys...now to go home and do some reading so I can learn how to SSH into my phone if I ever need it...lol.

Thanks!

10. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Yay glad to hear it! Lockinfo is my favorite jailbreak app :D

11. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Mine too!

12. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm right there with ya, guys. It's quickly become my favorite JB app too. I felt lost without it during the day today...lol.

I did have an instance of it going into safe mode again tonight, but I'd been moving around some stuff in Categories (I installed CategoriesSB today...WOW, what a difference!) I was constantly needing to respring in doing that, so that may have thrown LockInfo for a loop...I don't know. But, I just resprung the SpringBoard again and everything has worked perfectly since then.

It may be, as UngratefulNinja suggested earlier, that I've got some instances of the cracked LockInfo still hanging around and that's what's causing it. I'm not confident enough yet to SSH into my phone, but once I am, I'm gonna go looking for files that need to be removed (files left over from the cracked version).

Like I said earlier, this app is worth every penny. And believe me, I've learned my lesson about cracked apps! I'll stick to the straight and narrow from here on out! :D