Lockinfo vs IntelliscreenX

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mkostera16, May 27, 2012.

1. Mkostera16 macrumors member

Which one do you prefer and why? I have IntelliscreenX installed but I've heard a lot of good things about Lockinfo and I know it's been around for a while

2. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Why not try LockInfo (free trial) and compare it to ISX for yourself because opinions will vary. Personally I use LockInfo and I have no complaints. Others prefer ISX.

Personal preference.

3. Mkostera16 thread starter macrumors member

I just jailbroke my 4s last night since I upgraded from 5.0.1. I'm new to the jailbroke community and from what I researched they seem to function the same but others seem to say one is more reliable or has more features then the other..

4. iamjose macrumors regular

I've used both and I saw some differences with battery drain using ISX. I'd stick with LockInfo.... in my opinion.

5. KandyKane macrumors 6502

I like LockInfo. When I tried intelliscreen it was still in beta and used more resources. Things have probably changed since then, but I never bothered trying again.

6. riverob macrumors member

I had LockInfo, but it kept rebooting when I switched over to SnowCover4. Was going to try IntelliScreenX, but I'm afraid it would crash also.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

There's a trial period so download it and give it a try.

8. riverob macrumors member

I would if I could, but it's not compatible with 5.1.1 yet. Oops, actually it is...

9. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I use IntelliscreenX. I chose it because it also includes Messages+ which I wanted for QC/QR. If I had needed a more powerful messaging app I probably would have gone with a biteSMS/Lockinfo combo, but my setup works for me.

I haven't noticed any increased battery drain with IntelliscreenX, but I also don't use the Facebook, Twitter or RSS pages.

10. kokhean macrumors regular

I'm hesitant to purchase IntelliScreenX, because I am unsure of how transferring a license works. I've posted a question here, maybe you can help me out? Not trying to hijack a post, but I just want an answer from someone who already purchased IntelliScreenX :)

11. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Exactly how I have it setup.

I'm also interested in finding out about that. I've dealt with the Intelliborn staff and generally they're helpful so you can email them through Cydia to get a definitive answer.

12. kokhean macrumors regular

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Please keep us updated. I've already subscribed to your thread.

14. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to those questions either. I think your best course of action is the one you've already followed.

15. riverob macrumors member

So I installed the ISX and it works great so far going back and forth with SnowCover4. My issue right now are the mini icons for my RSS feeds. I added two custom feeds like NFL Scores and Macrumors, but their mini icons are SD unlike the retina Mail, Calendar and 2Do mini icons. The feeds already in ISX like ModyMyi.com and CNN.com are SD too. Do I need to change them myself like I did my Setting icons or is there an "Icon" pack available? TIA

16. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I never used the RSS feature so I don't know sorry.