Lockinfo vs IntelliscreenX

Mkostera16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
Milwaukee
Which one do you prefer and why? I have IntelliscreenX installed but I've heard a lot of good things about Lockinfo and I know it's been around for a while

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Why not try LockInfo (free trial) and compare it to ISX for yourself because opinions will vary. Personally I use LockInfo and I have no complaints. Others prefer ISX.

Personal preference.

Mkostera16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
Milwaukee
Why not try LockInfo (free trial) and compare it to ISX for yourself because opinions will vary. Personally I use LockInfo and I have no complaints. Others prefer ISX.

Personal preference.
I just jailbroke my 4s last night since I upgraded from 5.0.1. I'm new to the jailbroke community and from what I researched they seem to function the same but others seem to say one is more reliable or has more features then the other..

iamjose

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2011
I've used both and I saw some differences with battery drain using ISX. I'd stick with LockInfo.... in my opinion.

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
I like LockInfo. When I tried intelliscreen it was still in beta and used more resources. Things have probably changed since then, but I never bothered trying again.

riverob

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Which one do you prefer and why? I have IntelliscreenX installed but I've heard a lot of good things about Lockinfo and I know it's been around for a while
I had LockInfo, but it kept rebooting when I switched over to SnowCover4. Was going to try IntelliScreenX, but I'm afraid it would crash also.

Sital

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2012
New England
I use IntelliscreenX. I chose it because it also includes Messages+ which I wanted for QC/QR. If I had needed a more powerful messaging app I probably would have gone with a biteSMS/Lockinfo combo, but my setup works for me.

I haven't noticed any increased battery drain with IntelliscreenX, but I also don't use the Facebook, Twitter or RSS pages.

kokhean

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
I use IntelliscreenX. I chose it because it also includes Messages+ which I wanted for QC/QR. If I had needed a more powerful messaging app I probably would have gone with a biteSMS/Lockinfo combo, but my setup works for me.

I haven't noticed any increased battery drain with IntelliscreenX, but I also don't use the Facebook, Twitter or RSS pages.
I'm hesitant to purchase IntelliScreenX, because I am unsure of how transferring a license works. I've posted a question here, maybe you can help me out? Not trying to hijack a post, but I just want an answer from someone who already purchased IntelliScreenX :)

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Exactly how I have it setup.

I'm hesitant to purchase IntelliScreenX, because I am unsure of how transferring a license works. I've posted a question here, maybe you can help me out? Not trying to hijack a post, but I just want an answer from someone who already purchased IntelliScreenX :)
I'm also interested in finding out about that. I've dealt with the Intelliborn staff and generally they're helpful so you can email them through Cydia to get a definitive answer.

Sital

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2012
New England
Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to those questions either. I think your best course of action is the one you've already followed.

riverob

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
There's a trial period so download it and give it a try.
So I installed the ISX and it works great so far going back and forth with SnowCover4. My issue right now are the mini icons for my RSS feeds. I added two custom feeds like NFL Scores and Macrumors, but their mini icons are SD unlike the retina Mail, Calendar and 2Do mini icons. The feeds already in ISX like ModyMyi.com and CNN.com are SD too. Do I need to change them myself like I did my Setting icons or is there an "Icon" pack available? TIA

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
So I installed the ISX and it works great so far going back and forth with SnowCover4. My issue right now are the mini icons for my RSS feeds. I added two custom feeds like NFL Scores and Macrumors, but their mini icons are SD unlike the retina Mail, Calendar and 2Do mini icons. The feeds already in ISX like ModyMyi.com and CNN.com are SD too. Do I need to change them myself like I did my Setting icons or is there an "Icon" pack available? TIA
I never used the RSS feature so I don't know sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.