LockInfo w/ BiteSMS - What settings do you use?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by klamse25, Feb 5, 2011.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I have downloaded LockInfo and BiteSMS but...

I'm having trouble getting the right settings to fit what I want.
    I want:

SMS Notifications to show up in LockInfo on the homescreen, not pop up with quickreply.

To be able to tap the notifications and reply using bitesms quickreply.

For it to wake on alert.

This is something different but when I tap the status bar to go to the top of a page, it opens up my BiteSMS texts, and doesn't go to the top of the page...
    Any insight on this?

What settings do you use?

2. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I'm curious to this as well...I want android notifications on the iPhone. :D

3. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

That's exactly what I want too, but the top and bottom things seem to be mutually exclusive. I can get it to do one or the other, but not both.

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

AFAIK, this is still not doable. I have the biteSMS notification surpressed on the Lockscreen and only a notificaton is shown in LI when I get an SMS, clicking the notification still bring you into the SMS app an not in to QR mode - I've asked David Ashman to try and add support for this in the final version of LockInfo 3.0

5. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I use iRealSMS and this works perfectly. Not sure if it is a Bite thing or not.

6. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

I have this setup. I have all SMS notifications blocked on the home/lockscreens, with them showing up in LockInfo and being able to reply using quickreply. Set your "Tap to Reply" option in LockInfo SMS plugin to BiteSMS.

If you are using a legitimate version of LockInfo you can download Popup Blocker for free.

Once you've downloaded Popup Blocker you can better customize when you want popups to appear or not appear.

An FYI for Popup Blocker, "ON" means the popup will be blocked. You'll see what I mean when you're in the app.

Once you've got popup blocker configured, set the Lockscreen mode in BiteSMS to display the Apple Alert, and it will then be blocked. If you are using SBSettings, make sure the toggle for SMS notifications is ON otherwise you won't get anything. Now, you'll get a notification (sound/vibrate), the screen will wake, and the popup will be blocked - the only visible notification will be in the LockInfo SMS section. If you're getting two sounds/vibrations for every text, go into Settings>Sounds>New Text Message and select NONE.

This is the quick list feature of BiteSMS. To turn it off go to Bite>Settings>Lockscreen Mode>Features and turn Quick List OFF. This will also remove the status bar icon, but you can just use the LockInfo icon and it'll work just fine. Do the same for the Unlock screen mode and you'll be all set. Dragging the status bar down will now reveal the infoshade, and tapping it will do nothing (unless configured otherwise in Activator)

7. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

But that doesn't bring up QuickReply, it just opens the full BiteSMS app. I'd like to have the setup that your replied to as well, but I don't think it's possible currently.

8. robots3humans0, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure why yours is opening the full app, mine definitely just opens the quickreply box by using any of the lockscreen, homescreen, or infoshade. I very rarely use the actual BiteSMS app.

Attached Files:

9. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

double post.. attaching more pictures..

Attached Files:

10. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Really weird this, I verified my settings and still don't get QR...

11. mdecker79 macrumors member

12. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Thanks man...

Your configuration works perfectly for me!
    But do you set it in lockinfo to make the sms "mark as read.
    Or do you keep that off?

Also, the status bar icons LockInfo gives me aren't retina, and don't display the message count. Do you have any solutions on this?

Thanks again, you're a saint! :cool:

Yes, I bought it and have the newest update installed.

13. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

I'm glad it helped!

Are you using LockInfo 3? or 2? LockInfo 3 definitely has retina bubbles, thats the one i'm using. You can get LockInfo 3 from David Ashman's personal repo at http://david.ashman.com/beta. He pushes out a lot of updates for it. Message counts are strictly from the BiteSMS status bar icon, so that's one thing you've gotta compromise on. You can always have the SMS section in LockInfo show a message count if you want. Settings>LockInfo>Plugins>SMS>Show Count

Personally, I have it set to NOT mark as read. Same with the settings in BiteSMS so when I don't have time to reply to a message and just tap the red "x" it just closes the quickreply, leaving the notification in LockInfo, and a badge on BiteSMS on the homescreen so I know I still have a message.

14. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Two questions about LI and bite:

bite: anyway to hide badges, as I already see the status bar symbol?

LI: I can't get my Double Tap Clock Area to unlock to work. I double tap the clock/weather area and it collapses the calendar.