Lockinfo wake up on notification

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ivan300, Oct 12, 2010.

1. ivan300 macrumors member

Hi guys, is there a way to make lockinfo turn on the screen when a sms is received?

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

It does it by default. Are you using an sms app?

3. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

Yea, sorry should have mentioned.

I am using BiteSMS with the show nothing option on lock screen. Lockinfo is set to tap to reply to bite

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

They've changed things recently so I'm downloading it now to check but before you have to have bit setup a native and lock pointed to bite I think but with the addition of quickreply integration not sure how it's working now.

EDIT: Yes, that's works point to to Apple Alert and set lockinfo to bite. I still prefer quickreply.

5. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

simple, i do this myself. This way the screen will light up when the message comes, if you dont have it setup right you will not see the phone light up when the message comes.

Go into lockinfo and set it to block all pop ups.

Now go to bitesms and in the settings set it to use Apple alert in lockscreen mode.

How i have it now is that the new message will pop up in lockinfo...if you set lockinfo to use bitesms for tap fuction. When the message pops up, you tap the message in lockinfo and bitesms quick reply window will pop up.

Now there are a couple caveats with this. A- You cant see when people send you pictures. Even if there is a text message with it, it will show up on lock screen as "No Message" and B- when you want to reply to a text, you need to tap the message and open up the window and tap reply to get to the keyboard to enter your message.

Let me know if you need any help with this.

6. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

Great idea, it works though the only issue is that it plays the sms tone 2x.

Thanks

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Might be a big with bite, it didn't do that before.

8. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

I emailed the creator of Lockinfo requesting a wake on alert option for the notifications. Hopefully he adds it.

9. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Let me know what he says. I'm in the same boat as you are.

10. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

are you guys using the beta of bitesms? i guess you need to if you have 4.1 installed.

I dont have the doulble SMS tone problem, i think thats a bug with beta. Something to do with the custom SMS tone for individuals.

11. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

Yea I'm using the latest beta. However, all my ringbone settings are on default.

If you would like this feature you should also email him. There will be a higher chance that he will implement it.

12. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

no i mean i think there is a new feature in beta bitesms that lets you set custom SMS tone per individual. Check Bitesms and make sure they arent set to something.

Post on Bitesms forums, they have they're programmers on there to answer any questions.

13. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

It was the bitesms ring tone options. I set the Default ring tone to None and now it plays once.