lockinfo weather plugin,gets info from native app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ROCKERDAN, Aug 9, 2010.

1. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

I see the HTC plugin for lockinfo reads from the native yahoo iP4 weather app.....it reads the first city.

can we change it so the weather plugin reads from another weather app?..(IE:accuweather,weather channel ect)

it seems to me that other native weather apps UPDATE more frequently which might help lockinfo plugin update more timely.

thanks

2. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Yes, just type in a YAHOO city Code, you can search for those on google, and inthe plugin it will allow you to type it in, and override the default one.

Thanks
    AE

3. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Correct if i'm wrong but wouldn't the Yahoo city code get the same weather as the native Yahoo weather app?

4. Evgenyy macrumors regular

You are right - the weather info will still come from Yahoo, which I think is not the most accurate...

5. ROCKERDAN thread starter macrumors regular

im actually wanting to point the HTC plugin to another native app to get its weather info from...NOT YAHOO(the default native app that lockinfo plugins point to now)

yes the yahoo default iP weather app is horrible IMO.

anyone?

Im pretty sure with the lockscreen app "ELEMENT" i was able to use any native app i wanted to get info from....i also loved how ELEMENT was able to "SCROLL" thru all the citys weather/temps i had entered into the native app! anyone know of ELEMENT will be updated for iP4?....is it just not working due to the fact it relies on "CYDGET" which i think also is not ready for iP4.

thanks

6. bjobes macrumors regular

I hear yea. Standing in the pouring rain Sat while the weather app said It was sunny and pleasant...not:eek:

7. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

this is a bit disappointing! I was hoping it was using GPS for your current position!

Just luck then that my hometown was the first in the Weather app lol....wondered why my brother was getting London as his home town when i jailbroke for him the other day! :eek: