Lockinfo weather widget update times

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sammy.d, Feb 1, 2012.

1. sammy.d macrumors regular

Hi,
    I am using the weather widget in lockinfo on ios 5, with the Australian BOM Weather+ enhancement. I have three questions...

1. How often is the weather updated on my lockscreen?

2. Can the update intervals be changed?

3. Can I get something to display, in the widget, the time of the last update?

Cheers.

2. robots3humans0, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

I'm not really sure of the answer to any of those questions. However, if you use the weather plugin for lockinfo you can customize everything you're asking for. I've attached some pictures of my setup so you can see the plugin collapsed and expanded - it shows temperature/conditions when collapsed and a forecast with update time when expanded. You can change the update interval to however long you want.

Edit: you can also just use the LockWeather plugin for lockinfo which integrates the weather directly into the lockscreen clock and shows everything you want and can be adjusted for whatever interval you want. I don't use it so I can't post a picture of it.

Attached Files:

3. HiDEF, Feb 1, 2012

HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

Can you help me with the Weather plugin?

I'm having a hard time trying to set it up like you have it. I have the weather widget enabled in LI but instead of the LI's Weather plugin showing, I'm getting iOS yahoo weather. So I disabled Yahoo weather but still no luck.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Attached Files:

4. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

On mine I was able to go into the widget using iFile and changing it around to display my local time and whether or not I want it to be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit (picture below shows teh C befire I changed it). I am sure what you are asking can be done, I wouldn't be the one to tell you though lol

Attached Files:

5. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Under Settings>Lockinfo>Homescreen>plugin visibility do you have "weather widget" OFF and "weather" on?

"Weather widget" is the stock iOS one, "weather" is the lockinfo one.

Like this:

Attached Files:

6. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

Is that a plugin I need to download?

I just reinstalled LockInfo and I don't see the "Weather" plugin, I only see stock iOS Weather Widget.

7. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Yep. In Cydia, go to the Sections area (the button at the bottom of the home page, next to Changes). Scroll down to "Addons (Lockinfo)" and download "Weather Plugin for Lockinfo".

8. sammy.d, Feb 1, 2012

sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

Ive got the weather widget... And I've downloaded the Lock Weather plugin... Is the weather plugin any different to these?

I just downloaded this and it seems to be doing exactly what I want. Just a quick question though, does anyone know if this Lock Weather plugin is going to get its data from the BOM through my Australian BOM Weather+ tweak or is it going to resort back to getting its data from Yahoo! (which is **** in Australia...)??

9. HiDEF, Feb 1, 2012

HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

So I downloaded the Weather Plugin but it's reading '(null)'.

Attached Files:

10. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I got it to work!

Go into native Weather app and turn off Local weather. Then delete all the cities you have listed and re-add them.

That worked for me in case anyone was wondering.

11. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

I believe it'll just use Yahoo. It pulls the info form the stock weather app.

12. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

Well I think my stock app is supposed to pull data from BOM because of this tweak I have. If thats the case, I should get the BOM data...???

13. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Hm, yeah that sounds about right then. I have no idea what BOM is/does but if it affects how your stock app works, then it should also affect how the plugin works. Makes sense to me at least, haha.

14. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

BOM is the australian bureau of meteorology. the data yahoo provided for australian weather is always incorrect so this tweak lets is get it from the governments official bom readings.

thanks guys.