Locking Internet Access

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by peskaa, Jan 26, 2009.

1. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Running 10.5

I need to somehow be able to "turn off" internet access between two set times (ie: 09:00 to 16:00), either by disabling Safari/Firefox etc, or some other method of actually disabling the internet connection (wireless) - OS X's parental preferences however don't go quite this far, only offering to lock the whole account down between time periods.

Google hasn't given me anything to go on, but I'm sure there must be some kind of solution out there?

Thanks in advance!

2. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Is it for one or multiple computers?

Depending on your router, you might be able to configure your firewall to do this, the downside is, depending on your router it may impose this restriction to all computers connected to that router. Upside to doing it on the router is its harder for users of the computer(s) to change the setting

3. peskaa thread starter macrumors 68020

peskaa

This is for a single computer - and the network hardware is a Time Capsule and an older AirPort Express.

4. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

If you don't have many people in the house between those hours that need to use internet, you could hoook the airport express in to a repeated timer, and it will turn it on and off for you, but the good ones are a bit pricey.