Locking iphone

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by redbrad0, Feb 13, 2011.

1. redbrad0 macrumors newbie

I am thinking about writing a program for the iPhone but someone told me it's not possible so I thought I'd post a question to ask.

Can a app be written for a non jail broken phone that could change the way the sliding of pages on the "desktop" works? I'd like to make it where you can't slide the page, but would like to put arrows on the left and right of each page to go to the next.

2. SimonBS macrumors regular

SimonBS

It would not be accepted by Apple.

Exactly why and what paragraph they would refer to, I cannot tell you but an application may not change the way that the phone behaves.

3. redbrad0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible to see if you can get the approval from them? I would hate to have it developed just to see if it would get denied as I think the big picture of the program would be seen by Apple and it would get approved. The slidding is just one small part of what I would like to do (but of course I don't want to say exactly what it is as I think anyone would see the value to it).

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Apple don't comment on hypothetic approvals: they only look at actual finished apps. A good rule of thumb is that you cannot alter the behaviour of any system component or any other app: your app has to be self contained and can only effect itself and it's own files.

5. redbrad0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does this forum not have a way to send a private message to you? I wanted to ask you a question without making it public if its possible.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It does, but I don't think newbies can use it. Regardless I tend not to answer PMed questions.

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

An official app cannot affect anything outside of itself (for the most part). With a non jsilbroken app, you will not be able to touch anything outside of your application.

8. firewood macrumors 604

If you don't know at least 3 different reasons why this is impossible, you haven't done enough homework to know how to develop apps for the App store.