Locking my kid out of certain music...possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asned, Jun 29, 2011.

1. asned macrumors newbie

So my 4yr old have discovered music on my phone. Great! I downloaded a couple of CDs of acceptable music for her and showed her how to access them.

She was doing great, but then she realized, hey all of Mommy's songs are good too.

Normally I don't mind that she jams to Mumford & Sons, Ke$ha, or Adele, but there are times (like at a church function) that I'd rather her not turn certain songs on.

Is there any way to lock certain CDs? Or anything similar?

TIA!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yep it's easy. You do not give her the iPhone/iPod to play with at a 'church function'

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

4 yr olds listening to ke$ha?

Anyway, I'll to second the "don't give her the iDevice" advice. Seems like the best solution.

4. asned thread starter macrumors newbie

Why that answer is soooo helpful, I'd also like to know for other times as well. Can anyone answer the question without the answer being "don't give it to her"?

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

there is an app called record player that is free, you add whatever songs to it. Teach your child to not press music but the record player app. :apple::apple:

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You can't expect a child to just not go exploring through the device. She'll eventually find the other music too.

To the OP: I thought this was only a concern for "church functions" or whatever? I thought it was ok she pumped up ke$ha outside of church.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

there is no app that will detect when she is someone its acceptable to play it, so what are you looking for? to block them all the time on only some of the time?

8. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

... maybe you could make a playlist, play that music then put a password on the phone.... just an idea

9. asned thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the app rec. I can teach her to only go to that.

And yes, it's primarily for church functions but there are always other times. Ideally I was hoping to find something that locked all of the cds and I could manually pick which to unlock and let her listen to.

Wrinkster, that is an excellent idea. Thank you. The idea of locking the phone never even occurred to me! I will try that and if that doesn't work I will try the app.

10. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

aha np, glad I could help :)

well the phone is locked you can double click the home button for a basic music interface too. If you play the playlist she can only listen to the music in the playlist but will still be able to skip songs.