Locking the iPhone 4 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPaddude, Jun 27, 2011.

1. iPaddude macrumors newbie

iPaddude

Is there a way to lock the iPhone 4 screen while on a phone call? I keep cutting people off or catching other screen touch buttons while talking with me ear lol. I did not have this problem with the iPhone 3gs. I can now only make calls with the ear phones and this is a pain. It was quite funny at first but now hissing me off so to speak!

2. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Sounds like you have a proximity sensor issue. If you're still under warranty, I'd take it to an Apple store and get it replaced.

If not, you have two options. Have a repair shop fix it or download CallLock from Cydia. I believe it's $0.99 but it'll work for your situation. You can set the power/lock button to just turn the screen off when on a call, instead of hanging it up.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i would bring it to apple, the proximity sensor should turn your screen off when you bring the phone up towards your ear

4. iPaddude thread starter macrumors newbie

iPaddude

5. iPaddude thread starter macrumors newbie

iPaddude

Sorted

My husband changed my screen protector and it is now fine. I had the sensor covered lol

6. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

It's a problem with the Otter Box for iPhone 4 also. My brother was having the same issues.