Locking up when accessing features (camera/music) from lock screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrXiro, Dec 3, 2011.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Since the first day I owned my 4S I seem to keep locking up the phone some how...

On the first day I double clicked the home button and pressed the camera app... it opened but then locked up with the shutter closed.

I did this one or two more times since... I think it' only happens to me when on the lock screen.

Today I double clicked the home button and hit "Play" to play whatever music I had queued up while at the gym and it froze again. I couldn't do anything except hold down the home and the power button to shut down the iPhone.

Has anyone else had this issue? It doesn't happen every time so I can't "repeat" it for a genius at the genius bar. It just seems to happen randomly.

2. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

I've had this issue as will with my iP4.... I thought I was the only one.

3. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Maybe it's a glitchy iOS5 thing?

4. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've had this issue when sending texts. Stock iOS 5.0.1 on a 4S. I am sure it's just a software glitch. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

6. steelhip macrumors newbie

Lockscreen cameralocker

I had this same type of problem (JB iPhone 3GS, old bootrom, IOS5) but it was coming from the camera locker app by Cydia. That app allows you to put the camera icon on your lock screen in IOS5. It was causing freezing and other types of problems with the iPhone. Once I removed that app, all the problems we're gone!

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have had this happen at least twice doing various things. Once was with texting. Another time I was using safari. I think it's a bug in the OS. I don't think it's specific to the lock screen, or at least it hasn't been for me.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Has happened to me on several occasions with the camera app. Think it's something in iOS 5