Locko - password manager and file vault

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by agibinarynights, Apr 22, 2014.

1. agibinarynights, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014

agibinarynights macrumors newbie

agibinarynights

Hey guys,

I'm Agi from BinaryNights the developer of the file manager ForkLift.

Today we have released our brand new password manager and file vault Locko in the Mac App Store.

Locko looks great and is super easy to use. In Locko you can store confidential information such as web logins, credit card data, computer accounts, software licenses, private pictures and documents, and much more. Locko supports iCloud and Dropbox, so you can keep your data synchronized across multiple computers while maintaining absolute security.

[​IMG]

For a limited time only Locko is available for an unbelievable introductory price in the Mac App Store.

Don't miss this opportunity and get Locko for $0.99

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/locko/id863040375?ls=1&mt=12

One more great news is that the iOS version of Locko is currently in the works. After its release you will be able to sync all of your info between your OS X and iOS devices.

[​IMG]

2. ricosuave macrumors 6502

ricosuave

Can you do a feature list against competitors? How safe is my data using your software?

3. agibinarynights thread starter macrumors newbie

agibinarynights

Locko encrypts your data with a 256bit cryptographically secure random key using AES-256 encryption. Your data should be safe according to current science :)

- you can store your web logins in Locko, you can generate secure passwords with it and with the help of the browser extension (available for all major web browsers) you can log in automatically to these sites or fill out your credit card info if needed

- you can store confidential information such as credit card, bank account, driver's license, passport, social security number and access information to all kind of accounts

- you can take secure notes with Locko

- you can create secret photo albums in it

- under documents you can store all kind of files for example scanned legal documents or video files

- you can tailor it to your own needs by adding custom rows to all preset forms

- Locko supports iCloud and Dropbox, so you can keep your data synchronized across multiple computers and shortly iOS devices too

- you can import your existing database from 1Password

- you can add favorites and of course search your database

4. 808? macrumors 6502a

Will your iOS version of Locko be limited to iOS7.x or will you support iOS6.x users also?

5. agibinarynights thread starter macrumors newbie

agibinarynights

I'm afraid only iOS7, do yo plan to stay with iOS6?

6. 808? macrumors 6502a

I am holding out as long as possible, as I am using a iPhone 4S, but I guess i'll update eventually.

When do you plan to have the iOS version ready to use?

7. agibinarynights thread starter macrumors newbie

agibinarynights

We want to get it ready within 2 months' time

8. 808? macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll take a look at it then!

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

This is not worth $19.99. The $0.99 sale was a steal, yes, but I would not recommend this over OneSafe at this point.

The UI is great, but it fails short at some little things, like I can't easily include my student ID, or health insurance cards without using custom fields that don't really work well. This is easily fixable if you made generic entries as a choice (which I'd love).

I also have an issue with how the credit card expiration date is setup - Like a normal MM/DD/YY. The MAJORITY of all issued cards are just MM/YYYY. This could intentionally cause declines and other problems with the browser extensions.

I would also like drag and drop support, so I can move entries between sections. Right now I'd have to delete and just recreate whatever I wanted to switch around.

It doesn't even support double protection, which isn't a big issue for me, but I do use it in the other app.

Again, it's nicely done, but for those of us that are currently using the other options, it's a big step back, with just as big of a price tag.

10. blackboxideas, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

blackboxideas macrumors member

I grabbed this last night so haven't had chance to check out all the features yet, nor do I have much experience of other offerings to compare this to. I do have a few questions though:

Edit: to answer my own questions now I've had chance to play.
    • Will the browser plugin intelligently list logons relevant for the site I'm browsing?
    • Yep - the logons for the relevant site get listed. I'm not sure how long this list can be though.
    • If I have multiple logons for a site (i.e. google accounts) - can I add these, and will they be quickly accessible via the web add-on?
    • Yep, listed as above
    • I assume the iOS version will have a browser integrated?
    • How nicely does this play with iClouds password system - the auto logon is nice, but obviously means Safari's iCloud security doesn't get chance to ask if I'd like to remember a password for a given site. Would turning this off solve that issue?
    • Yep - if I wan't to make sure keychain gets chance to remember the logon, either I turn off auto logon if I've logged in before, or f it's a new site I tell Safari to remember the logon first.

Forklift is a very good app so I have faith in you guys building something good here and I like the fact it's not subscription based.

I'd welcome thoughts from others who're trying it out or if you guys have any tips on getting the most out of it!

11. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Free PR tip: Use of the word "should" is not the best choice :p

12. andrea81 macrumors member

I love Forklift, so I took the app on sale just out of trust. However I am also a happy 1Password user, and I don't think I'll switch for logins and software licenses for the time being. I will however try the photo album and file vault functions, they sound promising!

13. firstchair macrumors newbie

What is the price of the iOS app going to be? And is it iPad and iPhone? Or just 2 apps you have to buy separate?

14. Xe89 macrumors regular

Good, 1Password needs a Mac focused competitor. I still really like 1Password, but it is showing signs of bloatness, adding features left and right that no one uses.

15. agibinarynights thread starter macrumors newbie

agibinarynights

Thank you all for your input and questions and also a big thank you for buying and trying our app. Sorry for my belated answer, we were very busy in the last days.

Thanks for the feedback, we will consider your suggestions and surely there is room to improve. Why do you think we should include double protection?

Yes, it will.

Thanks!

Right! Noted:)

We really appreciate your loyalty and hope you will find Locko usefull.

It’s gonna be universal, but the price is not fixed yet, it won't bee too high though.

16. Jessica Lares, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Locko - password manager and file vault

Thank you for replying! Locko gets better to use everyday, I am adapting to the differences pretty easily. I like how I can right-click to copy a password from just the list.

I keep a manager open all day because I deal with about 50 different passwords. But I also like to keep my credit card, insurance, and other numbers so I don't have to deal with pulling out my cards whenever I need one.

I don't really care about my passwords in general, and wouldn't care if someone got into my most of my accounts. But I feel like having to type in an additional password to get to my state ID, checking account, etc is useful. They are delicate pieces of personal information.

17. saberahul macrumors 68040

I recently moved to cloud storage for Passwords (dashlane) but this is very tempting. I am a BIG fan of your products (Forklift is an awesome application and I use it more than anything). Maybe I'll try this out just for the kicks of it.

Keep up the great work!

Specific to Forklift, do you plan on releasing an update for Mavericks to work with Tags?

18. Nive macrumors member

Might be a weird.. question, but is there ever a chance of a Windows variant? Sometimes, I sadly, do have to use Windows.

19. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

UI looks really clean and great - so well done with that.

Currently using 1Password because of multi-platform, but best of luck.

20. firstchair macrumors newbie

$9.99 now, still half price. is it ever going to be $0.99 again?

21. agibinarynights thread starter macrumors newbie

agibinarynights

not in the very near future, you can follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/BinaryNights to learn about upcoming deals though

22. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

On sale for 99c now.

23. walkthruwalls macrumors member

walkthruwalls

I am loving the interface of Locko on the Mac that I might AppZap my pricier 1Password4 someday soon since I haven't touched it after using Locko. And yes, I'm loving the Photos and Vault integration (andrea81, your post made me buy the app in the first place). Now this just needs the iOS devices integration and it's all set.

With that, "within 2 months", I hope everything is doing fine with the iOS version. Can't wait. Any news?