Lockscreen Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by pmkoch, Oct 13, 2011.

1. pmkoch macrumors regular

This is very trivial but I can't make my notifications group under the time unless there are more than one. Right now a single notification shows up as a bubble in the middle of the screen.

Here is what I want(no matter which notification and how many):
    [​IMG]

Here is what I have:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

They show up initially as the pop-up(for a specific amount of time i'm sure), but if you relock your phone, or wait for it to go back to sleep, the next time you wake the phone up, it should be in the "list" format like the missed call shows.

Next time you get a text, hit the lock button to turn off the screen and then turn it back on.

3. pmkoch thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't work. When I have the screen locked and get a notification, it comes as a bubble and even after the phone goes to sleep or I shut it off and hit the home button it still shows a bubble. I guess it's just a bug.

4. nmork macrumors regular

The way you wanted it to work was actually how it was up until Beta...3, I think? It was changed to the single bubble if there was just one notification. :\

5. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

It is supposed to do it the way I described. Try doing a hard reset and see if that fixes anything

*Hard rest: Hold power and home down until the phone resets.

6. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

Mine does that too, but I guess my biggest question is why does it matter?

7. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

My banners dont always appear on lock screen

If I receive a text or miss a call while my phone is unlocked and I dont notice it before the banner disappears, when I lock phone later, the notifications are not shown in the lock screen. If I pull down the notification centre, the missed texts and calls are there, but unless I check every time I leave my phone unattended in unlocked mode for more than 15 seconds, I'll miss texts and calls.

Am I missing something?

8. The Cat Empire macrumors member

Hopefully they'll add that in an update. I too wish they would get rid of the bubbles all together.

9. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

I just took this screenshot so it does happen in the Final Release.

[​IMG]

I do agree though, I wish it would go straight to this and forgo the temporary pop-up altogether

10. pmkoch thread starter macrumors regular

See that is exactly what I want. I did a hard reset and it didn't help. I've tried toggling it different in notifications with no luck. What are your message notification settings set to?

11. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

Notification center On
    Show 5
    Alert Style Banner
    Badge App On
    Show Preview On
    Repeat Alert Never
    View in Lock Screen On

Send yourself another text. Wait about 20 seconds and then hit lock/unlock a few times.

12. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Just a "bug" for you. Works as expected here. Big bubble, then small list of things after I've "looked" at it once. My settings on the messages notification are show preview on, never repeat and view in lock screen.

13. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

Is anyone having my problem?

14. pmkoch thread starter macrumors regular

Ok cool. Thanks guys. At least I know it's supposed to work that way. I can't complain, that is the only issue I've run in to.

----------

I think it is set up that way. I think it only shows the notifications on the lock screen from the time period that it was locked.

15. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

You will only receive notifications on the lock screen if they come in while the phone is locked. If you unlock the phone, they will go away forever.

16. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

But do you see what I mean? I am going to miss messages now that I never wouldve missed before.

17. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

There will still see a red number on the messages icon and you can still easily check the notification center.

18. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

Sure. But if I have to check the Messages app badge from time to time just in case a message slipped through, isnt that a bit of a downgrade? Shouldnt any notifications you havent acknowledged tap you on the shoulder from the lock screen?

19. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

How is the phone supposed to know if you are looking at the screen? It has no way of knowing if you saw the banner or not. I'm not saying you are wrong, but this is how iOS 5 is set up and for now, we have to deal with it.

20. pmkoch thread starter macrumors regular

If your phone is unlocked you can just swipe down the notification center and see any notifications you haven't tended to...

21. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

The phone knows if you dont tap a message and dont mark it as read. I'd like unread messages to be listed on lock screen in case they havent actually been read yet. What would be the disadvantage?

22. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

Like I already said, nobody is disagreeing with you, but for now, we are stuck with how it is so i'm just trying to help you cope.