Lockscreen on for nanosecond

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dampfnudel, Feb 28, 2014.

1. dampfnudel macrumors 68020

My mom just got a new iPhone 5s (16GB) and I noticed this issue on boot-up. Right after the white screen, the lockscreen shows up very briefly, like a nanosecond. It requires pressing the home button to bring it back. On my new 5s, the lockscreen remains there for a few seconds after booting up giving you a chance to swipe. I did a full restore twice, with backup. I did a reset with the settings. It keeps happening. By the way, once the phone is on, pressing the home button or top button brings up the lockscreen and everything else seems normal with the operation of the phone.

I'm thinking it's a iOS 7 issue and maybe the 7.1 update could correct it. Then again, it could a hardware issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't think it's hardware...

3. I7guy macrumors G5

That seems to be the way it works. Same exact thing on my 5s.

4. dampfnudel thread starter macrumors 68020

Doesn't happen with my new 5s or iPad Air. The lock screen stays on for a few seconds, enough time to swipe. I'm wondering if the Touch ID feature is interfering. My mom's not using Touch ID (yet), but there could still be an issue related to iOS 7.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

Okay a nanosecond is short, very short. Let me say that after a reboot, I have to be very, very quick to catch the lock screen before it goes dark. I'm not that quick. If I am sitting on
    top of the 5s with my thumb on the fp reader, then I catch the phone before wake up.