lockscreen options?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by twisted-pixel, Mar 30, 2010.

1. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good lockscreen? (showing weather, calendar etc)

I used to have intelliscreen but I cant get that anymore as rockyourphone wont install on my phone (3.1.2JB)

thanks

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

No doubt LockInfo is the only candidate.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

+1

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Another vote for Lockinfo. And today David added the ability to send or reply to a tweet from the lockscreen (still in beta).

Lockinfo gets better every day!

5. globalist macrumors 6502a

Lockinfo is great but I'm not sure adding features to allow more lockscreen operations is the way to go. Previewing and replying to emails, now the twitter thing... I mean there's a reason it's called a LOCK screen- it's to prevent your locked iphone from being compromised in strange hands or when stolen, right?

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Right, so you can disable those features in the settings if you don't want them.

I use a passcode so it's possible to view some of these things but not open them up or gain access to the rest of my phone.

7. globalist macrumors 6502a

You're saying you can use another passcode besides the main one to lock out the previews too?

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

No no, sorry. I mean you can disable previews all together.

With the passcode, someone can still view the preview (if you have previews enabled) but if they hit the Open in Mail button, it will ask for the passcode.

I just asked the developer if there is any way he can implement a setting for disabling previews on the lockscreen but letting you use them on the Infoshade.

9. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

lockinfo is fantastic! thanks guys! is this new? cause I looked for something similar a few months ago and the closest I got was intelliscreen and I HATED the look of it. it was so sloppy. After working out tons of options I got lock info exactly how I want it! Got the mac rumors rss feed on my lock screen haha ;). anyone run into an issue when using lockinfo with bitesms and new sms messages not waking the phone? Also is there a way for the phone to know your doing something on the lock screen and keeping it from going to sleep? I dont want to change my sleep time as it saves battery when im NOT reading stuff on lockinfo.

10. dragonc12 macrumors member

dragonc12

yeah im having that same problem when receiving biteSMS messages and the phone not waking up. annoying! i haven't figured out how to fix it yet. but other than that i LOVE lockinfo. its been out for quite some time though. but the new enhancements make it even better.

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

It's been around for several months now. Bite SMS is the only part that's got a couple issues, I think. As far as going to sleep goes, it should be fine. The application resets the timer every time you touch the screen. I installed 60 Second Lockscreen just to be sure.

There's a big thread for LockInfo here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=735908&page=73

12. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

yeah, and there is also a 20 second lockscreen in cydia if you don't want it to stay on for 60 all the time.

Really sucks that there are issues with bitesms. I would just use ireal or quickreply, but i hate that rotation inhibitor doesn't work on those. hopefully either they will fix quickreply so it will quit spinning when i don't want it to, or they can get the bitesms/lockinfo bugs worked out. I'm loathing having to go into the sms app... **** takes FOREVER lol