Lockscreens!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Berthelsen, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Berthelsen macrumors newbie

Okay, first of all, I am very very new and noob at this.
    Is there a idoit guide on this forum how to change the lockscreens and use the iPhone explorer.
    I've seen a lot of cool lockscreens, but I do not know how to do it. Can anyone make a idioit guide and give a link to one?

Thanks.

2. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

As i have leart off this forum google is your friend iPhone SSH How To

You will need to down load the lockscreen file from here/mac themes/web and ssh them to your phone.

ifile can then be used to edit it from your phone.

3. andy9l macrumors 68000

The very simplest way is to just:
    • Search Cydia for WinterBoard, install
    • Search Cydia for a lockscreen name of your choice, install
    • Enable the lockscreen via WinterBoard

You will need to SSH when using some lower quality themes to change the configuration. Well written themes allow for configuration via Safari.

4. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

"well written themes" aka "themes by andy9l" :D

5. twon macrumors member

Winterboard, SSH, themes, that can be overwhelming and time consuming for someone who is new to this...

Berthelsen, depending on how you want it to look and how much you want to customize thing, it may be true you need to learn these things. However, if you just want to get some basic info on your lockscreen, you can do this with one Cydia app. There are a few and I am only familiar with one, I use Lockinfo. Do a quick search for, "Lockinfo vs" to find the others to compare to see if one of those will work of you.

Even if they are a little basic for you, it can get you started while you figure everything else out.

Good luck and have fun!

6. andy9l macrumors 68000

Plenty of others allow for it, SlantedLock is an example that I remember using a while ago (I assume it's the same). My first 2 themes weren't originally Safari configurable as I was unaware of the possibility.

My comment only refers to HTML lockscreens.