LocoRocco hits the PSN store

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Sep 25, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

€2.99 :eek: That's so so cheap but what's the catch ?

Well this isn't the LocoRoco I was expecting. Yes it looks the same, yes it sounds the same so what's wrong ?

Well you no longer tilt the world ? WTF ?

Now you're a butterfly that kind of guides the LocoRoco along the path. The blobs aren't always responsive to the call of the butterfly, which makes it a little frustrating, and you have to call to them rapidly to make them jump which makes it hard to steer them in the right direction. Also, instead of just trying to get a required number of LocoRoco through the maze to move onto the next level. There are Mui Mui Gates, which act as obstacles that require you to have a certain number of LocoRoco to advance. Once you have enough, the course becomes expanded and a new area of the maze is opened.

There is some six axis controls in the form of the MuiMui gates and obstacles, but it is definetly a case of they have messed around with the fomulae WAY TOO MUCH!

Why have all the ingredients & recipe to make a fantastic cake, and then decide to remove some and stick a giant dog turd into the mix ? :rolleyes:

Oh well at least it looks and sounds great and at €2.99 it's a veritable bargain - but still :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

YEAH!....:rolleyes:

I played it and I liked it...love hearing those locos sing...so cute. The Locos are not suppose to respond when you want them to...thats the point really...its your job to get the blobby SOB to where ever..so I'ma DL when I get the chance.

Bless

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

But did you play the PSP game?

The PS3 version just fustrates me compared to the PSP game which was my no.1 game of last year on any platform. My love of the Loco's is the only thing that's kept my psp from death's door.

Just wish they had stuck with tilting the world mechanic as that soooo worked. I just find the new control scheme a big letdown :(

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Yeah...I love the game...still play it when at work. I think if they implemented the SIXAXIS into it the game would still shine but I think the creator wanted more interaction with the rocos which is cool....Woulda shine with the remote if you think about it.

Bless

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'll just have to give it more time I guess. Still cant believe it was only €2.99 though.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Bummer...Sixaxis made this seem SOO good.

I still might force my friend to buy it(if it out in US yet?)

Either way for like 5USD.

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ I think it's out this week in the US too. Unlike the PSP game where Europe got it before anyone else for a change :p

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It was out last week in the US. It's 6.99.

I enjoy the challenge that the butterfly brought the game, its frustrating till you get used to it.

Ed