Log and Transfer not transferring Clips and...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by scouser75, Mar 11, 2011.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Folks, I need your help please.

I'm trying to Log and Transfer AVCHD files from an external HD. There are 6 Chips in total.

But when I Log and Transfer some Clips are not transferring over. EG. On 1 Chip there are 37 Clips. But only 28 were transferred. And there was no warning symbol indicating that the Clips were not transferred. It's only because I saw that there seemed to be far too few Clips in the Browser compared to the L&T window that I realised.

I can then go back and transfer them again. Sometime the transfer works. Sometimes not.

Another problem which I'm experiencing is that in the L&T process some Clips already transferred are randomly going off-line. But I can't go back and re-capture them - even though they are in the Capture folder.

2. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK. This is now beginning to get ridiculous. I'm now having to Transfer each Clip twice before it actually transfers over.

Just an off thought; I am using a new internal HD (WD Caviar Black) as my Scratch disk. Could this possibly be causing the problem?

Once I've captured the Clips I will try and set the Scratch to an old drive and see if the problem persists.