Log file for Disk permissions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by michaelsviews, Dec 7, 2007.

1. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I ran the disk repair through MainMenu and got the following and was wondering if any of this means something? As in reload the OS or what ever maybe a warning sign..... Came over from windows in March of this past year and am not totally up on Unix/Apple. Any and all help is appreciated. Also Firefox keeps crapping out now and then.

epairing disk permissions

Fri Dec 7 06:59:05 EST 2007

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD
    Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Permissions differ on "private/var/log/secure.log", should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r-----
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired

Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Those warnings are perfectly normal, and are nothing to worry about. Everyone running 10.5.1 gets them, including myself...

As for your Firefox issue, are you running the latest FF update? Have you tried disabling/uninstalling extensions? One way to test this is to run Firefox in "Safe Mode". I forget how you do this on the Mac, though.

3. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I got the same permissions issue as well. Started getting nervous since you usually don't see those on a MAC. I will run Leopard without worry now.

4. michaelsviews thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the information, also I have read elsewhere that FF on Macs is qwerky to say the least but is being looked into .