Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Is it possible to log into your iPhone without using face id and without any password too.
Some of us actually want this.
In Android it is your choice if you want to risk your phone being protected or not.
I'm trying to get rid of the Face ID as login which is easy but then I have to is enter the password instead.
This is a XS Max.
Thanks

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
So it is impossible to delete your passcode? I mean, like all iPhones in the apple store. No passcode, no Face ID. I believe you can.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Wait, so by reading the responses, you mean to say that there's literally no way to not have a passcode on the iPhone X and over? That's dumb imo. I know a passcode is more secure but for older people they could forget the code, or for a child, if their parents don't want them to have a code on their phone.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I know a keyed front door is more secure but for older people they could forget the key, or for a child, if their parents don't want them to have to carry a house key.

Reactions: akash.nu

nikkisharif

macrumors regular
May 22, 2019
Wait, so by reading the responses, you mean to say that there's literally no way to not have a passcode on the iPhone X and over? That's dumb imo. I know a passcode is more secure but for older people they could forget the code, or for a child, if their parents don't want them to have a code on their phone.

You can turn passcode off in settings. Settings > Face ID & Passcode

0d4eaaea8cbca791849661c2cef5741e.jpg

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ah, I thought so. I was just confused cause the comments made it sound like you couldn’t.
I believe some people tend to interpret Apple's heavy pushing for passcodes and Touch/Face ID as a mandatory thing - particularly if they intend to use Apple Pay or Wallet.

It's not. You can turn it all off - as shown above.

Reactions: nikkisharif

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I believe some people tend to interpret Apple's heavy pushing for passcodes and Touch/Face ID as a mandatory thing - particularly if they intend to use Apple Pay or Wallet.

It's not. You can turn it all off - as shown above.
It’s understandable if you want to use Apple Pay or the Wallet app. If someone were to get into those without your knowledge bad stuff could happen.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Is it possible to log into your iPhone without using face id and without any password too.
Some of us actually want this.
In Android it is your choice if you want to risk your phone being protected or not.
I'm trying to get rid of the Face ID as login which is easy but then I have to is enter the password instead.
This is a XS Max.
Thanks
My Xs has no login requirements because I didn't set them up. So when my phone wakes up I just tap then swipe up and I am in.
[doublepost=1558997300][/doublepost]
Not possible.
Not only possible but I do it every day.

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
So I guess the key is to just not set it up.
Too bad you probably can't roll back those settings without restoring the phone.
Probably...

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
So I guess the key is to just not set it up.
Too bad you probably can't roll back those settings without restoring the phone.
Probably...
I don't think so. I started using a code, once I decided against it, I just basically turned it off. Can't speak to face ID but suspect it's the same.

Willywy

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2019
Do a face mask? Hh. I only know how to unlock the iPhone without a password, using iCloud, iTunes, tricking Siri, and the ultimate means - software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.