Log Me In Himachi icon wont uninstall.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bare-E Raws, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Bare-E Raws, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012

Bare-E Raws macrumors newbie

Alright so i read some old threads on this and none of them seem to have this issue with them. So i deleted all the files for logmein himachi and this little stupid icon wont leave my task bar... It sits there day after day pissin' me off. I force quit the process via activity monitor but it restarts every time! I cant find any other files i haven't deleted. I think I'm going to lose my mind over this please help me out folks!

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

3. Bare-E Raws thread starter macrumors newbie

tried this dude process always restarts every time i try and end it. thanks for the reply though:)

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Then you haven't followed all the steps. It will remove all traces of the app if you do it right, especially step 1 and steps 5-7. If you remove all the files, then restart, it won't launch again.

5. Bare-E Raws thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes but how do i end a process that keeps restarting every time i quit it? It say i NEED to end the process...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Remove the files, then restart and the process won't start.

7. Bare-E Raws thread starter macrumors newbie

I did. this is also messed up. I deleted the files and now if i search for files under logmein, log me in, or himachi nothing show up in the finder...

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're saying the process is still running? What is the name of the process?

9. Bare-E Raws thread starter macrumors newbie

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Follow steps 1-7 in the link I provided. Then take a screen shot of Finder and post it.

11. Bare-E Raws thread starter macrumors newbie

okay so here you are as i said earlier i can't do step one because i cant end the process so that may make the rest of the steps redundant. here are the pictures for you though.

Attached Files:

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As I thought, you're not following all the steps. Read steps 5-7 and refer to the screen capture with the circled elements. Also, select View > As List in Finder.

13. Bare-E Raws thread starter macrumors newbie

praise the lord it worked! Thanks for the help! :D