log on/off times...how to find them in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Dadeleine, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Dadeleine macrumors member

a not-so friendly coworker seems to like keeping tabs on when I arrive and leave work. Not sure why, but it's pissing me off and I'd love to find out when HE logs on in the morning. It's a PC (I can't be bothered trying to find Microsoft's "user friendly" forum's) and know some here can tell me the trick.

so...anybody know where I can find said information?

PC running Windows XP...

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Try the Event Viewer > Security Log ( it can be found by control panel > performance & maintenance > administrative tools > event viewer > system log )

3. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

Smith & Wesson could also be helpful...

My advice though, ignore the geek. Life's too short and way too precious for spoiling it on such battles.

No offence intended...

sash

4. Queso macrumors G4

Event type 528 is a logon event, so you can filter the view on the Security log to only display those if there's a lot in there.

5. russtafa macrumors newbie

Invasion of privacy

Move to England..
    Unless they are specifically a sysadmin/or instructed by management you could sue them for invasion of privacy.
    If you were a female and they male you could get them for "sexual harassment"

6. krbond macrumors newbie

What about Mac

can you pls tell me how I find such records on a Mac Laptop?

7. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Well just search for "login" in the console application and deduce from there.