Log on WiFi with Scribble

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rishiomedia, Sep 10, 2016.

1. rishiomedia macrumors member

Does anyone know if you can log onto wifi with scribble on the Watch OS 3? That would definitly allow me to leave my phone behind when I'm going to a place with wifi.

2. dschulian macrumors regular

dschulian

Since there is no option to scan for networks around you, I doubt that's possible at all.

3. rishiomedia thread starter macrumors member

Ok. That's a bummer since it has a wifi chip. I submitted a feature request to Apple.

4. dschulian macrumors regular

dschulian

The watch is designed to be easy to use. That said, all wifi connections you have saved on your iPhone are synced to your watch. When you forget to bring your iPhone to a place you've been before, you sre still able to receive and send iMessages and use all independent apps with Internet connection.

No one wants to type complicated passwords on this tiny screen.

5. rishiomedia thread starter macrumors member

Nobody? Then why do people want to type on iMessage on the Watch?

6. dschulian macrumors regular

dschulian

When your password is like "mysecretwifipass", then yeah typing would be a thing.

But that's not the case. Besides that, most wifi networks require two factor authentification which the watch is not capable of.

7. rishiomedia thread starter macrumors member

Still would be useful to me. I believe they can add factor authentication on an update - they have the hardware. You have to remember you don't have to type, just write like paper and pencil which should be easier than typing in a complicated password on the iPhone keyboard.