loggin in to router

Discussion in 'iMac' started by davidra, Aug 16, 2013.

1. davidra macrumors 6502

For some reason I can't login to my Cisco router from my iMac. It is connected and downloading fine. On PC's all I had to do to access the router is to enter the default IP address (which for Cisco is http://192.168.1.1/). However, this won't connect to the router. I am using an RE1000 extender but it still should allow me to access the main router. Any suggestions? I think I'm missing something.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is nothing different or your iMac that would differentiate it from a PC as far as accessing the router. Can you try a direct ethernet connection to the router just to test it out. Maybe the extender is the issue?

3. davidra thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks....it appears that the Cisco website provides the wrong address....changed it to 192.168.0.1 and accessed without a problem. Theoretically if it's working the extender shouldn't interfere....but that's theoretically.

4. aniruth macrumors newbie

When I try typing the password, multiple characters appear (black dots in this situation, of course) for every one key that I strike while trying to spell out my password...