Logging in issue with new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GizmoDVD, Jan 10, 2016.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Hello,

I got a new Macbook Pro yesterday and set it up with three user accounts. Myself, wife, and father in-law. Only my wife and I have "iCloud" accounts so we use our iCloud password as our login. My father in-law does not so we just use a generic username.

Problem Im having is when I turn the computer on from being dead off, it only shows myself and my father in-law as a login. When I try logging in as me and it tells me the password is wrong (I noticed the WiFi icon is not present at the top right hand corner and the backlit keys are off, trackpad is slow etc.). I have to login in my father in-law, log out, and I then have access to use my password...and now my wife account shows up (along with the WiFi icon, backlit keys etc). Once I login I have to re-enter all my passwords for Facebook, Twitter etc.

What am I doing wrong? I also had issues where my "keychain" kept asking for a password and I had to delete it as the prompts never stopped. It also keeps asking for my iCloud password (which it forced me to change)

Using 10.11.2

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

If you have FileVault turned on, I would start by making sure that all your users are enabled in System Preferences/Security & Privacy/FileVault.

A.

3. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, that so far seemed to fix the issue of her name not showing up.