Logging into Mac after Sleep

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by fightingirish46, Sep 30, 2014.

1. fightingirish46 macrumors newbie

Has anyone with Yosemite experience a problem/delay when logging into your Mac after it's been asleep? I have a brand new MacBook Pro (had the same problem with my white unibody MacBook) and when I wake it up from sleep mode, it takes for a while for me to login even though I see the locked screen and the prompt for the password. Sometimes, the computer goes back to sleep and I have to "wake it up" by pressing the power button. Anyone else have this problem?

2. laszlo182 macrumors regular

Happened to me few times on my MB Pro 2012, it looks like there is some "keyboard lag". I often have to wait 2 or 3 seconds (note I have SSD installed instead of HDD) and only after that does the keyboard respond (and the touchpad sometimes does the same). And few times it did what you described - the screen went black. But all this happened on Mavericks (I'm not sure about previous versions...).

On Yosemite, for the moment, it responds immediately. But maybe it's because I have it installed on external drive and it's a fresh install.