Logging when someone authenticates screen saver password

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wildcat90, Mar 4, 2011.

1. wildcat90 macrumors member

Jun 17, 2009
    So I'm wondering if it's possible to log or if there's already a log that keeps track of whenever someone authenticates a locked screensaver. I'm wondering because I think someone (roommate, girlfriend, etc.) was trying to get onto my computer and failed to do so. Since a log would confirm this, I would like to check it/keep one.

Anyone know if this is possible?
  2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

Jun 20, 2010
    Twin Cities
    You can download a program called iAlertU that is basically an alarm for you laptop. It's pretty cool but I uninstalled it because I wasn't leaving my computer alone and it was more novelty for me than anything. It works great though. You install and it and set a password then alarm it before you walk away from your computer. You can set it to go off on any combination of criteria including keyboard input, trackpad input, power cord coming out, and the computer physically moving. If any of these take place the alarm will go off and it'll instantly snap a picture with the camera and email it to your account of choice. You can even arm it with your apple remote, if you have one, and it'll make fun chirp-chirp noise like a car alarm. You can disarm it with the remote or by accurately typing the password. It won't go off unless you mistype a letter.