Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikeytheman2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2021
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the MX Master 3?

All the buttons on the mouse work fine but the pointer does not move. If I turn the mouse on and off the pointer moves for a couple of seconds then it stops again?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
How are you connecting with this mouse?
- bluetooth
- Logitech unifying receiver
- USB
???????????

Mikeytheman2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2021
I am connecting via Bluetooth. The most worked fine for almost 3 weeks

I restarted the computer and mouse a couple of times hoping that this would magic you solve the issue.

I did notice a similar problem on forums with the MX Master 2 but no mention about the 4 having the same problem

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm using that same mouse over Bluetooth on my 2020 MBP 13" and it works fine.

Can you think of anything Bluetooth related you changed recently?

Mikeytheman2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2021
I use it on my 27" late 2017 iMac.

Sooo, this is how I noticed it. I was plating minecraft and presse fn F3, I noticed that the pointer no longer moved but that I could still click & scroll. I turned the mouse off and on and the pointer could move again. BUT, function buttons on the mouse were not the same anymore. Back and forward (the two buttons behind the side scroll wheel) now minimised and full screen'd... Opening Logi option I noticed the the functions were still set as back and forward but they minimised and full screen'd. I pressed restore to default and it all worked 100%. Until I pressed fn F3, then the whole process started over again.

I thought that somehow it might be an issue with MINECRAFT but soon after the mouse completely stopped functioning. The pointer does not move all other buttons work. When I turn the mouse off, the mouse is able to move the pointer for a couple of seconds, then nothing...

I did not move the iMac or mouse further or closer, I did not add ant other usb cables or bluetooth devices...

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP:

I had to look up the details on the MX Master 3 mouse.
It appears to use a USB charging cable to recharge the internal batteries, right?

And... you can plug the cable in, and still use the mouse while the batteries charge, is this also right?

Well... why don't you just "plug it in" for a while and use it that way (in "USB connected")?
Do the previous problems you describe still exist when it's plugged in?
Or... do they go away?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.