Logic 8 doesn't want to use my audio interface anymore

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by DanielRoos, Dec 15, 2013.

1. DanielRoos macrumors newbie

Hi everybody, I sincerely hope that you can help me.

I recorded some stuff yesterday using my version of Logic 8 with a Tascam US_122L audio interface (as I've done for years). When I wanted to do some corrections today, there was no signal exchange between Logic and the interface, meaning I can neither record anything OR listen to what has been recorded via the interface and my headphones.

Now, the strange things are:
    - When I plug off the interface to use the built-in speakers, there are no problems at all.
    - Logic DOES recognize the interface when I plug it in.
    - As soon as I press "play" (with the interface connected), suddenly there's no "activity" in the little area next to the track name where the track number usually changes to a mini-equalizer when the track is playing.
    - In my Audio/MIDI setup in the Utilities, it says "Output not supported".
    - The USB connection light on the interface is lighted, so there's obviously no problem with the USB connection.
    - I can hear myself over the interface headphones when I talk into the mic which is connected to the interface, so there's no issue with that part either.

Feel free to share opinions and thoughts, please!

Best regards from Southern Germany.

Daniel

2. BigRed1 macrumors 6502

Does Tascam have its own drivers or are you just using the CoreAudio driver? Have you updated/upgraded anything recently?