MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

logic_pro_logic_express.jpg

Apple today released a pair of updates for its Logic audio workstation software packages, primarily adding support for projects imported from GarageBand for iPad released earlier this year. Logic Pro 9.1.4 (192.48 MB) and Logic Express 9.1.4 (138.74 MB) each require Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
This update improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues, including the following:

Support for opening projects imported from GarageBand for iPad.
Full details on the approximately two dozen other changes included in the updates are available in the release notes for Logic Pro and Logic Express.

Article Link: Logic 9.1.4 Updates Bring Support for GarageBand for iPad Projects

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Yes, been waiting for this!

I made a quick sketch track while on a trip overseas and after importing the project to Logic, the only thing that worked were Apple loops. I'm hoping the software instruments transition smoothly now.

Edit: Just transferred my project after the update, and after another 180MB compatibility update download via Logic, the transition was perfect. All software instruments, loops, midi data, and arrangement transferred perfectly. Happy :)

Last edited:
Comment

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Always good to see active development of software like Logic. Anything to remind us that Apple hasn't forgotten the pro market.

Comment

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
That’s a great workflow: maximum ease for initial creation (especially since you can connect a USB MIDI keyboard to iPad GB) followed by maximum power to finish the job!

Comment

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
ipad to GB to logic?

Hypothetically, if you didn't have this update, couldn't you import the ipad Garageband file into the real Garageband, save it, and then open it in Logic?

I guess this update addresses compatibility if you want to directly use the ios Garageband file with Logic? Not sure if I'm missing something here...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.